Funding brief: ‘Together, Moving Forward’ is a small grants programme run by ESU aiming at building positive refugee-host interactions across Europe.
They kicked off this programme in the winter of 2016. Since then, they supported several valuable projects, shared views with resourceful activists and creative change-makers. They are also still confronted with little or uneven progress made by European governments and education systems, and perhaps an even more polarized public discourse regarding refugees and migrants.
They want to continue our efforts to encourage and promote valuable and viable options for refugees and asylum seekers to access and benefit from education, and be part in our communities.
They are inviting and supporting university students and refugees to work together and get the system “unstuck”. Combine your creativity to kick-start actions in Europe that tackle the main barriers limiting the access and inclusion of refugees and asylum seekers in education and society.
Objectives With this programme, we want to inspire change and:
● Reshape public discourse around forced migration and confront hate speech in our societies
● Inspire student-led initiatives addressing refugees’ and asylum seekers’ living conditions and not least their access to education
● Build capacity for student representatives to be more responsive to issues related to forced migration, focusing on social inclusion and access to education
● Empower National Student Unions to promote and advocate for clear policies that ease the access of refugees and asylum seekers to Higher Education
● Open up to new student groups and other stakeholders active on refugee issues, especially education
● Build long-lasting links between refugees, their communities, and student communities
In the past year, they have funded:
● An anti –hate speech campaign
● Awareness raising campaigns
● Production of info-graphics and videos
● Grassroots student initiatives supporting refugee kids and their families
● A website
● Two mentoring programmes for refugee students
● Capacity building events for students
● Representatives and youth activists
● Advocacy trainings and actions
Donor Name: European Student’s Union (ESU)
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: 15th, April, 2018 at 23:59 Brussels time
Funding details link: https://www.esu-online.org/?project=together-moving-forward
Funding limit: Get your idea funded up to 10.000 EUR. UR. In case you apply for a project with a clear and relevant international component, the maximum can be 12,000
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
● The programme is open to all organizations, not just ESU members.
● Applicant organizations need to provide copies of their statutes as an organizations or a copy of their official registration in the country. Furthermore, organizations applying need to show an audit report proving the soundness of their financial system or a copy of accounts covering the last financial year should they not have an audited version
● If you are an informal group of students, you can contact a local or national union of students, or another established organizations and ask for their support.
● No application from a single individual will be accepted. We encourage student-led groups, especially ESU members and local students’ unions, as well as refugee-led or migrant-led organizations to apply for a grant.
They encourage individual will be accepted. We encourage student-led groups, especially ESU members and local students’ unions, as well as refugee-led or migrant-led organizations to apply for a grant.
They also strongly encourage partnerships between organizations, with the aim of enlarging the scope, expertise and influence of each project.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: email@example.com
Other important link:
● Guideline: https://www.esu-online.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/TMF-Application-Pack-2018_1.zip
● Form: https://www.esu-online.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/TMF-Application-Pack-2018_1.zip
● FAQ: https://www.esu-online.org/?project=together-moving-forward-faq
How to apply: Send to donor your Project Application + Preliminary Budget. Mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org & mention “Application Form_Stage 1: [name of your organisation]” as a subject.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh