Funding brief: WHPCA is pleased to invite applications from palliative care organizations and organizations comprised of people living with life-threatening illness, or organizations of older people, for up to $15,000 per project to increase the voice of direct stakeholders to advance palliative care.
Applications must be led either by hospice and palliative care organizations, organizations led by people living with life-threatening conditions based in and working in low and middle income countries, or registered older people’s organizations.
These grants will enable the generation of new ideas and approaches from new stakeholders which could include (though not limited to) the following:
● Development/launch of a public campaign
● An event(s)
● Budget to fund direct stakeholders to attend key national/global advocacy meetings
● Funding for web development to mobilize affected groups on the issue of palliative care/enable affected groups to understand the opportunities for advocating on the issue
● Media training for affected people on palliative care
● A film or animation
● Developing tools to engage and support beneficiary-led organizations to engage in palliative care advocacy
● Other innovative ideas.
Applications must demonstrate how direct stakeholder groups have been involved in the development of the project.
Donor Name: The Worldwide Hospice Palliative Care Alliance (WHPCA)
Funding name: WHPCA palliative care direct stakeholder grants
Deadline: The deadline for applications is 17:00 GMT on 1st, May, 2018.
Funding details link: http://www.thewhpca.org/about-us-3/direct-stakeholders-project
Funding limit: Up to $15,000 each is available for a minimum of 4 initiatives in low and middle income countries to increase the voice of direct stakeholders to advance palliative care. Total available funding in this grant round is $60,000 (up to $15,000 per project). We expect to award a minimum of 4 grants in this round.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: The project must be completed within 6 months of the start date.
Eligible organization: As below
● The lead applicants must be a registered organization within their country and must either be a member of the Worldwide Hospice Palliative Care Alliance, or have recently applied for membership. Membership is free and you can apply quickly via the WHPCA website here: http://www.thewhpca.org/apply
The lead applicants must either be:
● Hospice and palliative care organizations based in and working in low and middle income countries
● Registered organizations led, and comprised of people living with life-threatening conditions based in and working in low and middle income countries.
● Registered older people’s organizations, led by and comprised of older people based in and working in low and middle income countries.
● Applications must be made up of at least one palliative care organization and one organization, network or group led by direct stakeholders.
● They will accept applications in partnership with carer and family member groups, but please be aware that preference will be given to good, innovative applications involving direct stakeholders in this grant round.
Non-eligible pieces of work include:
● A continuation of an existing service or project – unless this application is to build on or adapt the project;
● Work that has already started before April 2018 – although if you ran a clearly identified pilot phase before this date, you are not precluded from making an application to develop it further;
● Isolated pieces of equipment not related to the proposed work;
● direct salary costs for tasks not related to the project;
● Funding for direct stakeholder involvement as part of a larger research project, unless the advocacy outcomes of this work can be clearly demonstrated.
Eligible Country: Applicants must be based in a Low or Middle Income country. Eligible organizations must be based in a low and middle income country. For a full list of low and middle income countries, visit this website https://data.worldbank.org/income-level/low-and-middle-income .
Submission mail: email@example.com
Other important link:
● Guideline: http://www.thewhpca.org/resources/item/guidance-whpca-palliative-care-direct-stakeholder-grants-application
● Form: http://www.thewhpca.org/resources/item/application-form-whpca-palliative-care-direct-stakeholders-grants
● Budget Template: http://www.thewhpca.org/resources/item/budget-template-whpca-palliative-care-direct-stakeholder-grants
● FAQ: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZXYnn38eKBx8cWvH77Gp27idhuJ377Sq?usp=sharing
How to apply: Please send completed application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh