Funding brief: The International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD) announces its first annual Mountain Prize, to be awarded to an individual or organization in recognition of their significant efforts to advance the mountain cause in the Hindu Kush Himalayan (HKH) region through innovations in their different capacities.
The ICIMOD Mountain Prize will be awarded to an individual, organization, or private sector entity based in the HKH region or beyond, which has demonstrated outstanding efforts enabling sustainable and resilient mountain development in the HKH region to benefit the environment as well as communities—particularly the poor, the youth, and women. While we would like to particularly acknowledge the efforts of individuals and organizations that have worked in line with ICIMOD’s mandate, this is not a pre-condition for the award.
Nominations will be accepted for those individuals, organizations, or companies that have brought about transformative change in the HKH.
Donor Name: The International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD)
Funding name: ICIMOD Mountain Prize 2018
Deadline: 30th, April, 2018
Funding details link: http://www.icimod.org/mountainprize
Funding limit: The ICIMOD Mountain Prize amount has been set at USD 5,000.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility:Fields of achievement of the individual or organization being nominated or applying for the ICIMOD Mountain Prize can be in any of the following eight thematic areas:
● Access to water for drinking and other productive purposes or/and sanitation,
● Sustainable production systems for food/nutrition security and income,
● Climate change adaptation or/and disaster risk reduction,
● Access to cleaner energy,
● Information and communication technologies for development (ICT4D),
● Promotion of economic/income generating opportunity or/and investment,
● Policy advocacy, and
● Mountain ecosystems/biodiversity management.
The nominee for the ICIMOD Mountain Prize must meet the following criteria:
● Must have done demonstrable outstanding work contributing to sustainable mountain development or/and resilience building in the Hindu Kush Himalayan region (See FAQs: http://www.icimod.org/?q=30660);
● Must be able to demonstrate the extent of the transformative change brought about by the outstanding work of the nominee in terms of benefiting a substantial number of people and the environment of the Hindu Kush Himalaya;
● The winner or winning organization of the Prize should acknowledge, on all suitable occasions, that they have received the “ICIMOD Mountain Prize”. This should be for at least one year, or until the Prize is awarded to the next winner. Individual winners are expected to list the award on their CVs.
|Countries||Areas included in the HKH region|
|Afghanistan||All provinces except the provinces of Kandahar, Helmand, Nimroz, Farah, and Herat.|
|Bangladesh||Chittagong Hill Tracts|
|China||Parts of the provinces of Yunnan (Diqing, Nujiang, and Dali prefectures), Sichuan (Ganzi, Aba, and Liangshan prefectures), and Gansu (Gannan, Wuwei and Zhangye prefectures); Xinjiang Autonomous Region (Kashigar, Kezilesu, Hetian, and Altai prefectures); Tibet Autonomous Region (entire territory); and Qinghai province (entire territory)|
|India||Entire territory of 11 mountain states (Assam, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Manipur, Jammu and Kashmir (Indian administered area), Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, Arunachal Pradesh), and Darjeeling district of West Bengal state|
|Myanmar||Chin, Shan, Rakhine, and Kachin states|
|Pakistan||Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, 24 districts (out of 32) of Balochistan province (excluded districts are Kachhi, Gwadar, Jafarabad, Jhal Magsi, Lasbela, and Sohbatpur), Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK), Gilgit-Baltistan. and Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA)|
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (http://www.icimod.org/?q=30675).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh