Funding brief: Collaborative Awards promote the development of new ideas and speed the pace of discovery. They fund teams of researchers, consisting of independent research groups, to work together on the most important scientific problems that can only be solved through collaborative efforts.
Donor Name: Wellcome Trust (WT)
Funding name: Collaborative Awards in Science
● Preliminary application deadline: 24th, April, 2018, at 17:00 BST
● Full application deadline: 24th, July, 2018, at 17:00 BST
Funding details link: https://wellcome.ac.uk/funding/collaborative-awards-science
Funding limit: Up to £4 million
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Up to 5 years
Eligible organization: As below
● Collaborative Awards are for teams of researchers bringing together the relevant expertise and experience to address the most important scientific problems.
Each applicant must be essential to the proposed collaborative research and have:
● Proven research expertise and experience in their field.
● An academic or research post (or equivalent).
● A salary for the duration of the award period. If this is not in place, your employing organization must provide a guarantee of salary support for the duration of the award.
● Members of the team must have proven experience in collaborative research and consist of independent research groups.
● Team size will depend on the proposed research, but should generally have more than two applicants, and no more than seven.
● Teams may be based in the same or in different organizations, and must bring different expertise or disciplines to the research question.
Eligible Country: Applicants should usually be based at eligible organizations in the UK (https://wellcome.ac.uk/funding/eligibility-information-applicants#eligible-host-organisations), Republic of Ireland, or low- or middle-income countries (https://wellcome.ac.uk/funding/low-and-middle-income-countries). However, they can make exceptions for projects that need specific expertise or resources provided by team members based in other countries.
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: https://wtgrants.wellcome.ac.uk/
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://wtgrants.wellcome.ac.uk/).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh