Funding brief: This exciting global competition will allow you to team up with other students, alumni and/or professors and represent your university and country while exploring the field of quantitative finance. Participants will have the opportunity to create teams and compete at the university, national and global levels with top quantitative minds from around the world.
As part of the competition, you will create predictive models (alphas) that, when used in combination with historical data, seek to predict future price movements of securities and various financial instruments. Your team will have access to WorldQuant’s web-based market simulation and analysis platform (WebSim) to build your own alphas, using various types of data.
Donor Name: The International Quant Championship
Funding name: International Quant Championship
Deadline: The International Quant Championship provides interested individuals with an opportunity to test their ideas using WebSim and earn points by identifying high-quality predictive signals. This competition will be composed of three stages starting in late March 2018, as follows:
● Stage 1: University Level Round- March, 20th, 2018 to May 20, 2018
● Stage 2 National and Regional Round-June, 1st, 2018 to July, 7th, 2018 (Semifinal onsite events to be held at various cities in early July)
● Stage 3: Final Round-July, 8th, 2018 to August, 5th, 2018 (Finals in Singapore in early September)
Funding details link: https://websim.worldquantchallenge.com/en/cms/wqc/home/
● Compete at the university level and, if successful, take a trip to the regional semifinals
● Be invited to travel to the final event in Singapore and compete to become the 2018 International Quant Champion!
● Learn about quantitative finance at both the beginner and advanced levels
● Compete for the opportunity to be awarded a special one-time stipend from a total potential pool of up to $100,000
● Be considered for internships, consulting and employment opportunities at WorldQuant
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
● The International Quant Championship provides interested individuals with an opportunity to test their ideas using WebSim and earn points by identifying high-quality predictive signals.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Register to apply: https://websim.worldquantchallenge.com/agree
● Guideline: https://websim.worldquantchallenge.com/en/cms/wqc/iqc2018/
● About: https://websim.worldquantchallenge.com/en/cms/wqc/about/
● FAQ: https://websim.worldquantchallenge.com/en/cms/wqc/consulting/
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://websim.worldquantchallenge.com/agree).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh