Funding brief: SPIDER is calling for project proposals in the thematic area of ICT for Health & Wellbeing. Project proposals should focus on national/local public health priorities. SPIDER welcomes project proposals that contribute to, in part or in full, SPIDER’s Health Programme short-term outcomes:
3.1 Citizens have access to information and health services
3.2 Forums and networks strengthen capacity building of health care professionals, knowledge transfer and cost effective public health initiatives
3.3 Formal and informal health care workers/CSOs use and are aided by ICT in their provision and services and enrich data on public health.
The proposals should present health projects where ICT is an integral part of implementation, whether basic or elaborate. Locally anchored project partners that have shown results in reaching underserved communities and bridging the digital divide will be at an advantage. The proposed project can be a scale up of an ongoing health project that aims to incorporate ICTs for improved efficiency and effectiveness.
SPIDER will be specifically interested in projects catering for prevention of ill health, provision of quality care, treatment and wellbeing of;
● People living with various disabilities,
● Women and girls,
● Mobile or displaced populations, where capacity building/professional development of health workers is focal. This may include health professionals at all levels and particularly projects which strengthen local systems and regional institutions to carry out their work more efficiently and effectively.
Donor Name: SPIDER
Funding name: No specific fund name
● Concept: Monday, 12th, March, 2018 at 10 AM Central European time
● Proposal: Wednesday, 16th, May
Funding details link: https://spidercenter.org/open_call_digital_health_18/
Funding limit: A maximum of 1 million SEK in catalytic funding can be applied for per project.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: The duration for the projects should not exceed the period of 2018-2019.
Eligible organization: As below
● SPIDER will accept applications from organizations of the eligible countries.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
● Africa: Burkina Faso*, Democratic Republic of Congo,Ethiopia, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique*, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
● Asia: Bangladesh, Myanmar (Burma), Palestine
● Latin America: Bolivia*, Colombia*, Guatemala*, Cuba*
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Guideline: https://spidercenter.org/open_call_digital_health_18/#rules
● Form: https://spidercenter.org/files/2018/03/Health-call-Template-for-Concept-2018.docx
● Criteria: https://spidercenter.org/projects/criteria-for-project-partners/
How to apply: SPIDER requests applicants to send the one-page concept note and a one page result chain/theory of change, together with the following documents:
● An externally audited annual report
● Audit management letter
● The organization’s proof of registration
● Please contact with the donor directly to know the details of submission procedure.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh