Funding brief: The present call for proposals will provide funding to deploy EU Aid volunteers in support of actions that support and complement the provision of humanitarian aid in third countries, that improve the resilience of vulnerable and disaster affected communities, or in support of actions that aim at linking relief rehabilitation and development (LRRD).
The objective of the call is to fund projects involving the selection, preparation and deployment of EU Aid Volunteers to contribute to strengthening the Union’s capacity to provide needs-based humanitarian aid aimed at strengthening the capacity and resilience of vulnerable and disaster-affected communities in third countries. It also supports actions aimed at strengthening the capacities of implementing sending and hosting organizations participating / intending to participate in the initiative. With this call the European Commission and the Education, Audiovisual and Cultural Executive Agency (hereinafter referred to as “EACEA”) expect to achieve the following results:
● To prepare the selection, training and deployment of 250 EU Aid Volunteers in vulnerable and disaster-affected communities in third countries;
● To strengthen the capacities of implementing sending and hosting organizations participating / intending to participate in the initiative;
● To achieve synergies and complementarity with EU-funded operations in humanitarian aid, civil protection, resilience-building and linking relief, rehabilitation and development in the respective countries / region where EU Aid Volunteers are deployed;
● To provide junior EU Aid Volunteers with the possibility to take part in apprenticeship placements of up to 6 months in the EU before deployment;
● To communicate the Union’s humanitarian aid principles and the EU Aid Volunteers initiative in line with the Communication Plan of the EU Aid Volunteers initiative.
● To provide opportunities for online volunteering to support or complement project activities.
Donor Name: European Commission
Funding name: EU Aid Volunteers initiative:
Deadline: Proposals duly completed must be submitted by 12:00 (mid-day, Brussels time) on 6th, April, 2018.
Funding details link: https://eacea.ec.europa.eu/node/2517
Funding limit: The total budget earmarked for the co-financing of projects is estimated at EUR 8 400 000. The maximum grant will be EUR 1 400 000. Grant requests below EUR 100 000 will not be considered for funding.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Projects must start on 15th, September, 2018 with a maximum duration of 24 months.
Project duration: 24 months
Eligible organization: As below
● Sending and hosting organizations shall adhere to the standards and procedures regarding candidate volunteers and EU Aid Volunteers as provided by Regulation (EU) No 375/2014, Delegated Regulation (EU) No 1398/2014 and Implementing Regulation (EU) No 1244/2014.
The following persons having a minimum age of 18 years shall be eligible to apply as candidate volunteers:
● Citizens of the European Union; and
● Third country nationals who are long-term residents in a Member State Justification for both statuses will be required.
Candidate volunteers can be:
● Junior professionals, in particular recent graduates, with less than five years professional experience and less than five years experience in humanitarian action; or
● Senior professionals with five years professional experience in positions of responsibility or expert positions.
● Volunteer profiles must be clearly linked to the objectives and the scope of the EU Aid Volunteers initiative.
● An indicative list of third countries for 2018 for deployments in third countries has been defined prior to the call according to a needs assessment methodology similar to that for humanitarian aid actions but excluding areas with on-going armed conflict. This list plus details of the methodology can be found under the following link: https://eacea.ec.europa.eu/eu-aid-volunteers/funding_en Volunteers can only be sent to countries indicated on the list at the time of deployment. The list can be modified at any moment due to the events that could endanger the security and safety of volunteers.
● Please find the link: https://eacea.ec.europa.eu/sites/eacea-site/files/euav_list_of_countries_deployment_2018_.pdf
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Register to Apply: http://ec.europa.eu/education/participants/portal/desktop/en/organisations/register.html
● Guideline: https://eacea.ec.europa.eu/sites/eacea-site/files/call_for_proposals_euav_deployment_eacea-04-2018_en_2.pdf
● Form: https://eacea.ec.europa.eu/documents/eforms_en
How to apply:
● Read the specific guidelines for this action and the call for proposals carefully.
● Register in the Participant Portal (http://ec.europa.eu/education/participants/portal/desktop/en/organisations/register.html) and receive a Participant Identification Code (PIC).
● All organizations participating in the proposal must have a PIC number. The PIC will be requested in the application form.
● Use the official application form (e-Form). Please click here (https://eacea.ec.europa.eu/documents/eforms_en) to access the eForm and the eForm User Guide.
● Submit your application online before the specified deadline. Make sure you have received a confirmation email.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh