Funding brief:The International Union for Conservation of Nature Netherlands (IUCN NL) is currently accepting applications for its Small grants for the Purchase of Nature (SPN) to enable strong local conservation NGOs to secure, connect and efficiently protect habitat of Red List species.
The IUCN NL programme Small grants for the SPN provide funds for local NGOs to acquire (through purchase or lease) threatened nature, create safe reserves and connect wildlife habitats for endangered species.
With its land acquisition fund, IUCN NL provides funds for local NGOs to acquire threatened patches of wilderness to create or expand safe reserves and connect wildlife habitats.
High priority will be given to:
● Land acquisition (through purchase or lease) to secure areas hosting species listed as threatened (CR, EN or VU) on the IUCN Red List (www.IUCNRedList.org)
● NGOs working on the securing, restoring and connecting habitat of primates on the list of the 25 most endangered primates are specifically invited to submit proposals
● Acquisition of areas with a high biodiversity value, like AZE sites or IBAs
● Land acquisition (through purchase or lease) of areas that are important for securing the connectivity in a landscape (corridors, stepping stones)
● Project in which the acquisition of land is part of a broader approach to secure and restore connectivity in a fragmented landscape and/ or to secure ecosystem services
● Land acquisition (through purchase or lease) involving ecosystems underrepresented in the public protected areas system
Donor Name: The International Union for Conservation of Nature Netherlands (IUCN NL)
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: 1st, May, 2018
Funding details link: https://www.iucn.nl/en/solutions/land-acquisition
Funding limit: The maximum financial assistance provided by SPN is Euro 85,000.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
● Pre-poposals can be submitted by local NGOs with Experience and capacity concerning the effective management of a conservation area
● Experience and capacity in the field of project management, financial management and control.
SPN can not grant financial assistance to:
● Government Institutions
● Commercial (for profit) organizations
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: email@example.com
Other important link:
● Guideline: https://www.iucn.nl/files/natuurbeheer/spn_criteria_and_guidelines_2018.pdf
How to apply: Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh