Funding brief: The GCHERA WORLD AGRICULTURE PRIZE is the international award of the Global Confederation of Higher Education Associations for the Agricultural and Life Sciences (GCHERA). The Prize aims to encourage the development of the mission of higher education institutions in education, research, innovation and outreach in the agricultural and life sciences by recognizing the distinguished contribution of an individual to this mission. Two 100,000 USD prizes will be awarded in 2018 with at least one recipient NOT coming from a country classified as having a developed economy. See the list of those countries with a developed economy.
The prize was proposed by both Prof. ZHAI Huqu, the former Vice President of the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CAAS) and Prof. ZHOU Guanghong, the President of Nanjing Agricultural University (NJAU) and Chairman of Education Professional Committee (EPC), of the Chinese Association of Agricultural Science Societies (CAASS) on October 20, 2012 in the occasion of NJAU’s 110th anniversary. It was approved at the GCHERA steering committee meeting in Uruguay on October 29, 2012. The prize is generously sponsored by the Education Development Foundation of NJAU and Da Bei Nong Group, the prizes are awarded annually.
GCHERA has the mission to encourage mutual understanding and global co-operation among higher education associations and their constituent member institutions in supporting innovation, and to provide within the global context, leadership in education, research and outreach in the agricultural and life sciences.
Two World Agriculture Prizes will be awarded in 2018 each to an individual academic/faculty member from higher education institution in recognition of the academic/faculty member’s life time achievements working in the disciplines relating to the agricultural and life sciences – including but not limited to agriculture, forestry, natural resources, food, bio based products, bioenergy, rural development and the environment.
Donor Name: The Global Confederation of Higher Education Associations for Agricultural and Life Sciences (GCHERA)
Funding name: GCHERA World Agriculture Prize 2018
Deadline: The World Agriculture Prizes will be closed for registration and nominations at 2018-04-30 17:0 GMT.
Funding details link: https://www.gchera-wap.org/index.php?tz=Europe/Berlin
Funding limit: In 2018 there will be two Prizes awarded each of 100,000 USD. At least one prize will be awarded to a person coming from a country which is NOT listed in the ANNEX as a country with a developed economy. Nominations are invited for these two prizes
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● A nominee must be an academic/faculty member of a higher education institution.
● All submissions must include the date of the nomination and are eligible only for consideration in that year. Individuals who do not receive an award in a given year are eligible for re-nomination. However, a new nomination package must be submitted. Nomination files are not retained by the GCHERA World Agriculture Prize Secretariat for reconsideration in a following year. A World Agriculture Prize Laureate is not eligible for re-nomination.
● Any higher education institution, private or public organization, or governmental unit may submit a nomination for the World Agriculture Prize. Any such entity may submit as many nominations as it sees fit. All nominations are confidential, and the identities of the nominators and the nominating organization are kept in strict confidence. Individuals may generate nominations, but the nomination must be endorsed by, and submitted through, an academic institution, private or public organization.
● Please register your intention to submit a nomination at www.gchera-wap.org . On this website you will be able to access the online nomination form to enter the basic data about your nomination and upload the supporting documents as outlined below. You can view all your uploaded files from the “Uploaded Files Tab” once you have saved the nomination form with the most recently uploaded files. Please note that this application is compatible with Internet Explorer version 9 or later, Firefox version 5 or later, Chrome and Safari.
● You can edit your nomination up to the deadline for nominations, and you can upload the supporting documents as they become available. Please do not leave uploading your nomination until the last hour as the website may be exceptionally busy. The deadline for submission online to the GCHERA Secretariat is 17.00 GMT/UTC on 30 April 2018. All statements, letters of support and supporting documents must be submitted in English. If the original language of the additional documents is not English they should be translated into English.
Eligible Country: At least one recipient will be from a country NOT classified as having a developed economy. See the list of those countries with a developed economy (https://www.gchera-wap.org/documents/list_developed_economies.pdf).
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Register to Apply: https://www.gchera-wap.org/register.php
● Guideline: https://www.gchera-wap.org/documents/GCHERA_WAP_Nomination_2018_Terms_and_Conditions_final.pdf
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://www.gchera-wap.org/register.php).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh