Funding brief: The Call for Proposals under the fourth cycle of projects to be funded through the Benefit-sharing Fund of the FAO International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture is now open. All developing countries that are Contracting Parties to the International Treaty are eligible to apply for funding under the Benefit-sharing Fund (BSF), which will invest at least USD 5 million in projects over the next four years.
The overarching goal of the Fourth Call for Proposals is to enable farmers around the world use and conserve adapted varieties, leading to increased productivity, on-farm incomes and nutrient-rich food, as well as enhanced resilience to production shocks and reduced adverse impacts to the environment. This Call for Proposals also emphasizes new partnerships, including bringing technology and knowledge to the community and farm levels, and highlighting the important role of women in biodiversity management, farming and rural development.
Donor Name: Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
Funding name: Benefit-sharing Fund
● The deadline for submitting pre-proposals for the Fourth BSF Call for Proposals is 01st, March, 2018.
● Submission of full project proposals: 1st, July, 2018
Funding details link: http://www.fao.org/plant-treaty/news/news-detail/en/c/1073028/
Funding limit: This BSF project cycle will fund both single country projects (maximum funding/project: USD 250 000) and multi-country projects (maximum funding/project: USD 450 000) for a duration of 18 months to 48 months.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: 18 months to 48 months
Eligible organization: As below
● Eligible applicants include governmental and non-governmental organizations, including farmers and farmers’ organizations, genebanks and research institutions, as well as regional and international organizations based in developing countries that are Contracting Parties to the International Treaty.
● Partners of the projects that are selected will be funded to work together to establish and strengthen linkages between projects and across Regions.
Eligible Country: Please find the list of eligible countries from this link (http://www.fao.org/fileadmin/user_upload/faoweb/plant-treaty/cfp4/cfp_4_2017_a3_en.pdf).
Submission mail: Treaty-Fund@fao.org
Other important link:
● Guideline: http://www.fao.org/fileadmin/user_upload/faoweb/plant-treaty/cfp4/cfp_4_2017_FAQs_en.pdf
How to apply:
● All applications must be submitted through the recognized authorities of an eligible Contracting Party of the Treaty, i.e. through the National Focal Points or the Permanent Representatives to FAO. A list of National Focal Points and Permanent Representatives to FAO of eligible Contracting Parties is included in Appendix 3.
● All applications must be made using the Submission Form for pre-proposals in Appendix 5. Pre-proposals may be submitted in any of the Treaty languages, plus, where necessary, a translation to a working language (English, French, Spanish), as stipulated by the Operational Procedures adopted by the Governing Body.
● Applications must be sent by the national authorities of eligible Contracting Parties to the Secretariat of the Treaty at Treaty-Fund@fao.org or by fax (39) 0657056347.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh