Funding brief: With funding from the Siwei Cheng Foundation of the Education Foundation of the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, the prize will recognize economic scientists who have been living and working in a developing country for at least 10 years.
The prize reflects the Chinese Academy of Sciences’ strong support to TWAS and, more generally, seeks to build scientific capacity in the developing world. Bai Chunli, president of both the Chinese Academy and TWAS, played a central role in the creation of the TWAS-Siwei Cheng Prize.
The TWAS-Siwei Cheng Prize is named after the renowned Chinese economist Siwei Cheng (1935-2015), an economist, chemical engineer, and major political figure. He is most well-known for his work in modern Chinese economic development as a driving force behind the establishment of ChiNext, a stock exchange designed to provide venture capital in technology companies. His work has had a profound impact on both the Chinese and global economy.
Donor Name: The World Academy of Science (TWAS)
Funding name: TWAS-Siwei Cheng Prize in Economic Sciences
Deadline: 15th, March, 2018
Funding details link: https://twas.org/opportunity/twas-siwei-cheng-prize-economic-sciences
● From 2017 and for five years total, an annual prize of US$10,000 will be awarded in the field of Economic Sciences.
● The prize is accompanied by a medal.
● The prize will be presented on a special occasion, often coinciding with the General Meeting of TWAS.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility:Candidates for the TWAS-Siwei Cheng Prize in Economic Sciences must be economic scientists who have been living and working in a developing country for at least ten years immediately before their nomination. They must meet at least one of the following qualifications:
● Scientific research achievement in economic sciences of outstanding significance for the development of scientific thought.
● Outstanding contribution to the application of economic sciences to sustainable development.
● Members of TWAS and candidates for TWAS membership are not eligible for the prize.
● Self-nominations will not be considered.
● TWAS is inviting nominations from all its members as well as science academies, national research councils, universities and scientific institutions in developing and developed countries.
● Nominations can only be submitted electronically through the on-line nomination platform and clearly state the candidate’s contribution to understanding and addressing economic sciences.
● Nominations of women social scientists and candidates from scientifically lagging countries are particularly encouraged.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: http://onlineforms.twas.org/apply/53
● Guideline: http://onlineforms.twas.org/documents/Applicants_tutorial.pdf
How to apply:
● The 2019 TWAS-Siwei Cheng Prize in Economic Sciences’ nominations can only be submitted electronically through the on-line platform by clicking on the “NEW NOMINATION” (http://onlineforms.twas.org/apply/53) button at the bottom of this page.
● To resume working on saved nominations, click on the “RESUME” button (http://onlineforms.twas.org/) at the bottom of this page.
● The deadline for receiving nominations is 15 March 2018, however we strongly recommend that you do not wait until the deadline but submit the nomination as early as you can to enable us to process it as quickly as possible.
● Before starting compiling the nomination, PLEASE PAY PARTICULAR ATTENTION TO THE MAXIMUM CHARACTERS ALLOWED.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh