Funding brief: Since the very first edition, BCFN YES! has embodied the identity and the ambition of the BCFN Foundation. Indeed, it brings together young people from around the world, with different disciplinary approaches, and invites them to come up with practical projects to create a better balance between food sustainability and environmental sustainability.
The goal of the contest is to find solutions to the food paradoxes, through innovative, practical and multi-disciplinary ideas.
The 2018 BCFN YES! Research Grant Competition invites young PhD and postdoc researchers from any background and nationality to submit a research project to improve the sustainability of the food system.
The 2018 BCFN YES! calls for concrete research proposals for making more sustainable the agri-food system (in terms of environmental, social, health and/or economic aspects), that are coherent with the BCFN research projects.
Research proposals are to be proposed in one or more of the following areas:
● Sustainable and healthy dietary patterns;
● Sustainable agriculture;
● Food security.
The BCFN wants to support studies that are innovative, have a promise of major impact, are result-oriented and look at food systems and food value chains with a systemic approach, preferably, where relevant, blending scientific knowledge with local knowledge. Country case studies and identification of best practice are strongly encouraged.
Donor Name: The Barilla Center for Food & Nutrition (BCFN)
Funding name: The 2018 BCFN YES! Research Grant Competition
Deadline: Completed proposals must be submitted online through the BCFN web site by June 14th, 2018 11:59 a.m. CEST.
Funding details link: https://www.barillacfn.com/en/bcfnyes2018/
Funding limit: The award is a 20.000 € research grant applied to a one-year investigation. A maximum of three teams will be awarded the Research Grant.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● The 2018 BCFN YES! is designed for individual or multidisciplinary and cross-national research teams of a maximum of three components. The Competition encourages the participation of teams from different disciplines and countries who wish to combine their expertise in innovative approaches.
● Applicants who are currently pursuing doctoral degrees are eligible, as well as researchers with a completed PhD. All applicants must be/have enrolled after January 1st, 2012, included.
● All participants must be under the age of 35 at the date of November 28, 2018.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: www.bcfnyes.com
● Guideline: https://www.barillacfn.com/media/pdf/BCFNYES2018_Research_Grant_Competition.pdf
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (www.bcfnyes.com).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh