Funding brief: The Academy of Medical Sciences is delighted to be working with the British Academy, the Royal Academy of Engineering and the Royal Society to offer Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) Networking Grants, available through the GCRF, which is part of the UK’s Official Development Assistance (ODA). The GCRF is an initiative that aims to support cutting-edge interdisciplinary research that addresses the global issues faced by developing countries. The GCRF is administered through 17 delivery partners including the Research Councils, the UK National Academies, the UK Space Agency and other funding bodies.
The GCRF Networking Grants will be delivered as part of the Joint Academies Resilient Futures programme. The Academy of Medical Sciences will work collaboratively across the GCRF delivery partners to ensure that these grants provide opportunities for researchers, drawn from a wide spectrum of disciplines and backgrounds, to develop new collaborations, improve interaction between UK researchers and those in developing countries and build communities of researchers that can submit high quality applications for other GCRF funding calls.
The Networking Grants scheme is part of the Joint Academies Resilient Futures Programme delivered in partnership with the British Academy, the Royal Academy of Engineering and the Royal Society. The scheme offers 1-year awards of up to £25,000 to organize networking events for pump-priming collaborations, generating new research ideas for addressing global challenges. They hope that successful applicants will build on these newly established networks to apply for larger GCRF programmes funded by the RCUK, National Academies and other programmes such as the Wellcome Trust and Bill & Melinda Gates funded initiatives.
Donor Name: The Academy of Medical Sciences, The British Academy, The Royal Academy of Engineering and The Royal Society
Funding name: Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) Networking Grants Round 2
Deadline: The deadline for applications is 21st, March, 2018
Funding details link: https://acmedsci.ac.uk/more/news/gcrf-networking-round-2-opens
Funding limit: £25,000
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Projects must start between 1st, July, 2018 and 30th, September, 2018, and the funding will last for one year.
Project duration: 1 year
Eligible organization: As below
● Applications should focus on building a collaborative network and therefore should be submitted jointly by a lead overseas researcher from a developing country and a lead researcher based in the UK.
To be eligible to apply, both applicants must:
● Have completed a PhD or have experience at an equivalent level
● Have proven research experience in their field
● Hold a permanent position at an eligible institution (in the UK or a DAC-listed country: https://www.oecd.org/dac/stats/documentupload/DAC%20List%20of%20ODA%20Recipients%202014%20final.pdf), or a fixed term contract for the duration of the award
● Lead applicants must not be affiliated to a private or commercial organization. Applications will not be considered if there is more than one UK co-applicant or an overseas applicant not from a DAC-listed country.
Eligible Country: Developing countries and the UK
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: https://acmedsci.flexigrant.com
● About: https://acmedsci.ac.uk/about
● User guideline: https://acmedsci.flexigrant.com/tenantfiles/70/documents/Grant%20Management%20User%20guide.pdf
● DAC-listed country: https://www.oecd.org/dac/stats/documentupload/DAC%20List%20of%20ODA%20Recipients%202014%20final.pdf
● Form: https://acmedsci.ac.uk/file-download/7247585
● FAQ: https://acmedsci.ac.uk/file-download/73044640
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://acmedsci.flexigrant.com).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh