Funding brief: The European Commission intends to support initiatives to prevent family and child separation, take children out of harmful institutions and provide appropriate and quality alternative care for those deprived of parental care. These initiatives should be based on a careful assessment and determination of their best interests, according to the UN’s 2009 Guidelines for the alternative care of children. The aim, in line with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (SDG 16: Peace, justice and strong institutions; and Target 16.2: Ending abuse, exploitation, trafficking and all forms of violence and torture against children) is to reach the most vulnerable children left behind and in need of such care.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to ensure better outcomes for children by ensuring better implementation of the UN’s Guidelines for the alternative care of children in their entirety, so that children enjoy equal chances to reach their full potential in societies.
The specific objective of this call for proposals is to provide quality care for children through the following priorities:
● Enabling governments to provide and take control of quality alternative care provision to children who are deprived of parental care, in line with UN’s Guidelines on alternative care of children and/or
● Regulating and monitoring the quality of the alternative care solutions provided to children who are deprived of parental care and/or=
● Supporting the transition from institutional to community-based care and
● Preventing the unnecessary separation of children from their families.
Types of eligible activities:The indicative and non-exhaustive list of activities which may be financed under this call include:
● Enabling government to provide and take control of quality alternative care provision in line with UN’s Guidelines on alternative care of children
● Providing quality alternative care for children who are deprived of parental care
● Supporting the transition from institutional to community-based care
● Preventing the unnecessary separation of children from their families
Donor Name: European Commission
Funding name: Quality Alternative Care for Children and De-Institutionalisation
Reference no: EuropeAid/158557/DH/ACT/Multi
Deadline: 27/03/2018 at 16:00 (Brussels date and time)
Funding details link: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/europeaid/online-services/index.cfm?ADSSChck=1517989423337&do=publi.detPUB&orderbyad=Desc&page=1&nbPubliList=15&searchtype=QS&aoref=158557&orderby=upd&userlanguage=en
Funding limit: Any requested EU contribution under this call for proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
Minimum amount: EUR 1,000,000
Maximum amount: EUR 4,000,000
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: The initial planned duration of an action may not be lower than 24 months nor exceed 48 months.
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
● be a legal person;
● be non-profit-making;
● be a civil society organization (this includes non-governmental non-profit organizations, community-based organizations, private-sector non-profit agencies, institutions and organizations and networks thereof at local, national, regional and international level);
● be established in an EU Member State or in a partner country (mentioned below)
● be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the coapplicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary,
● The lead applicant must declare that the lead applicant himself, the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity (ies) are not in any of these situations.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/europeaid/prospect
● Daily allowance rates (per diem), available at the following address: http://ec.europa.eu/europeaid/funding/about-procurement-contracts/procedures-and-practical-guide-prag/diems_en
● E-learning :https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/europeaid/prospect/external/
● User manual for PROSPECT :https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/europeaid/prospect/external/
● PROJECT CYCLE MANAGEMENT GUIDELINES: https://ec.europa.eu/europeaid/aid-delivery-methods-project-cycle-management-guidelines-vol-1_en
● THE IMPLEMENTATION OF GRANT CONTRACTS – A USERS’ GUIDE http://ec.europa.eu/europeaid/companion/document.do?nodeNumber=19
● FINANCIAL TOOLKIT: http://ec.europa.eu/europeaid/sites/devco/files/financial-management-toolkit-for-recipients-15112010_en.pdf
How to apply: The concept note together with the declaration by the lead applicant (Annex A.1 section 2) must be submitted online via PROSPECT https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/europeaid/prospect.
If it is impossible for lead applicants to submit their concept note online via PROSPECT for technical reasons, they must send their proposal in a sealed envelope together with the declaration by the lead applicant. In particular, the lead applicant must send, in a sealed envelope as described below the following items:
● One original of the concept note. The signed declaration by the lead applicant (Annex A.1 section 2) must be printed and stapled separately and enclosed in the envelope.
● An electronic version (CD-Rom or USB stick) of the items under point (a). The electronic file must contain exactly the same application as the paper version enclosed.
Concept notes must be submitted in a sealed envelope by registered mail, private courier service or by hand-delivery (a signed and dated certificate of receipt will be given to the deliverer) to the address below.
Postal address: European Commission Directorate-General for International Cooperation and Development Unit DEVCO B6 Finance and Contracts, Attn. Head of Unit L-41 03/110 Avenue du Bourget, 1 B-1140 Brussels BELGIUM
Address for hand delivery or by private courier service: European Commission Directorate-General for International Cooperation and Development Unit DEVCO B6 Finance and Contracts, Attn. Head of Unit L-41 03/110, Avenue du Bourget, 1 B-1140 Brussels BELGIUM, Tel : +32 2 2997916
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh