Funding brief: The World Health Organization (WHO) is calling for nominations for the World No Tobacco Day Awards of individuals or organizations for their accomplishments in the area of tobacco control.
Donor Name: World Health Organization (WHO)
Funding name: The World No Tobacco Day Awards 2018
Deadline: Call for nominations closes on Friday, 9th, March, 2018, 17:00 GMT
Funding details link: http://www.paho.org/hq/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14067%3Aworld-no-tobacco-day-2018-awards-call-for-nominations&catid=4045%3Achronic-diseases-news&Itemid=4327&lang=en
Funding limit: There will be a maximum of six World No Tobacco Day (WNTD) awards per WHO region. Two of the awardees might be granted special recognition by means of a WHO Director-General Special Recognition Award.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
● Anyone can submit names for consideration.
Who can be nominated
● Nominees can be individuals or a collective (e.g., a non governmental organization devoted to tobacco control) or a government department/Ministry that has made outstanding contribution to tobacco control.
● The nominee much have made an outstanding contribution to the advancement of the policies and measures contained in the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control and its guidelines, particularly in relation to the theme of World No Tobacco Day.
Who cannot be nominated
● WHO or other United Nations staff and their relatives.
● People or collectives employed by or involved with the tobacco industry and their relatives.
● People or collectives who had received a World No Tobacco Day award in the two previous years.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Other important link:
● Form: http://www.paho.org/hq/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_view&gid=43419&Itemid=270&lang=en
How to apply: The nomination form (see below to download it) can be sent by email to Mrs. Rosa Sandoval (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a copy to Mrs. Natalia Parra (email@example.com ). Nominations must be written in one of the six official WHO languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish). The nomination form must be typed; handwritten forms will not be accepted.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh