Funding brief: Asia Society is currently seeking applications for the Osborn Elliott Prize for Excellence in Journalism on Asia. Evaluation criteria include impact of the work, its originality, creativity, depth of research and educational value in informing the public about Asia. Asia Society encourages submissions from individual reporters, and from outlets based in Asia.
The Osborn Elliott Prize for Excellence in Journalism on Asia, also referred to as the “Oz Prize,” honors the late Osborn Elliott, a legendary journalist and former editor-in-chief of Newsweek. Elliott set new standards for reporting and editing, and became one of the earliest practitioners of “civic journalism,” the deliberate focusing of the journalistic enterprise on urgent issues of public policy.
Donor Name: Asia Society
Funding name: The Osborn Elliott Prize for Excellence in Journalism on Asia
Deadline: Applications must be received by March, 16th, 2018.
Funding limit: The $10,000 prize is awarded annually to a reporter or team of reporters who has produced the best example of journalism about Asia during the calendar year.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
● A submission can consist of a single written story, or a series of stories around a specific theme.
● For the purposes of the award, “Asia” is defined as the area from Japan to Iran, and from Central Asia to New Zealand, Australia, and the Pacific Islands. It does not include the Arab Middle East.
● Journalistic work must have been published in English, during the 2017 calendar year.
● All nominations or direct applications are limited to one per writer or team.
● Submissions are only accepted electronically, via the submit button below, which includes access to submission requirements and instructions.
Eligible Country: For the purposes of the award, “Asia” is defined as the area from Japan to Iran, and from Central Asia to New Zealand, Australia, and the Pacific Islands. It does not include the Arab Middle East.
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: https://asiasociety.submittable.com/submit
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://asiasociety.submittable.com/submit).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh