Funding brief: TRAID funds projects to improve conditions in global textile supply and productions chains every year.
Criteria: TRAID will consider projects, and/or associated costs, that:
● Combat the negative impacts of the textile supply and production chain on people and/or the environment
● Projects can tackle issues relating to any of the stages in the chain eg growing; harvesting; spinning/weaving/knitting; bleaching/dyeing/washing and treatment; cutting and sewing; recycling/disposal
TRAID seeks to fund projects which:
● Reduce inequality
● Involve the local partner and beneficiaries in the project design, and include them in its implementation, monitoring and evaluation
● Build the capacity of the local organization(s), and address the capacity of local stakeholders to advocate for their own rights where applicable
● Protect and improve the environment or do it no harm
Project priorities: TRAID is particularly interested in funding:
● Projects where the in-country partner is headed by a woman
● Projects which focus on second/third tier suppliers or homeworkers
Donor Name: TRAID
Funding name: No specific fund name
● Concept note deadline: 10 AM on 1st, March, 2018.
● The deadline for submission of full proposals is 10AM on 31st, May, 2017.
Funding details link: https://traid.org.uk/traid-projects/apply-for-funding/
Funding limit: This year, TRAID will have £300,000 available for funding. TRAID will consider applications for any amount of funding up to the total budget available. They have no set number of grants they wish to make, nor do we aim to make grants of any particular size. They will consider applications for both co-funded projects and projects where they are the sole donor.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Projects should have a plan in place for ultimate sustainability. There is no maximum length of project.
Eligible organization: As below
● Organizations are welcome to submit as many Concept Notes as they wish
● They do not place a limit on the number of applications an organizations can submit. Organizations who have previously applied for funding from TRAID, whether their application was successful or unsuccessful, are also welcome to apply for funding.
Eligible Country: They do not have a particular geographical focus for our funding. However, they do not fund projects in countries without a recognized development need. Please note, except in exceptional circumstances they only fund applications which are submitted through a UK based NGO.
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important link:
● Guideline: https://traid.org.uk/traid-projects/funding-guide/
● Form: https://traid.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Concept-note-format-2018.docx
How to apply: Interested organizations are invited to submit a Concept Note as follows:-
● The Concept Note must be no longer than two sides of A4. Download the Concept Note as a Word Doc here (https://traid.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Concept-note-format-2018.docx ).
● Please use the format provided as Concept Notes submitted using other formats will not be assessed.
● Submit to Angela Russ by email at email@example.com by 10am on 1st March 2018.
● The Subject Line of your email must read ‘Your organization name – TRAID Concept Note 2018’
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh