Funding brief: The Open Call is looking for innovative ideas on how they can improve the defence and security of the UK. Your idea could be a concept, product or service, at various levels of maturity.
Defence innovations can apply to any part of defence, and can include technological solutions as well as product, service or process ideas.
Security innovations are those which are targeted at preventing terrorism, disrupting serious and organised crime, or ensuring a safe and secure travel system. Examples of particular Security themes include:
● Protecting our borders, critical national infrastructure, and crowded places
● Reducing the vulnerability of the transport network, including in particular new aviation security solutions
● Strengthening the capabilities of law enforcement agencies and security services, emergency services, and the private sector
It is expected that some proposals will be relevant to both defence and security.
Donor Name: The UK Defence and Security Accelerator (DASA)
Funding name: Open Call for Innovation
● 19th, March, 2018
● 21st, May, 2018
● 31st, August, 2018
● 15th, October, 2018
● 4th, January, 2019
● 1st, March, 2019
Funding limit: They typically fund proposals for proof-of-concept research in the range of £40,000 to £100,000 for work of 3 to 9 months duration for the first phase of work (phase 1).
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: 3 to 9 months
Eligible organization: As below
● The Accelerator is open to all. Submissions are welcome from all organization types and individuals. There are no nationality restrictions.
● The Accelerator can accept proposals from the private sector, academia and individuals in the UK or overseas.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● DASA Open Call for Innovation: Emerging Innovations: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/defence-and-security-accelerator-enduring-challenge/dasa-open-call-for-innovation-emerging-innovations
● DASA Open Call for Innovation: Rapid Impact Innovation: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/defence-and-security-accelerator-enduring-challenge/dasa-open-call-for-innovation-rapid-impact-innovation
● Guideline: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/defence-and-security-accelerator-terms-and-conditions-and-contract-guidance
How to apply:
● The only way to submit a proposal to the Accelerator is online.
● The Submissions Service, used for submitting and managing proposals, is currently closed following the prompt detection of a security breach. Investigation has found no evidence that any data has been lost or compromised. Remedial work is ongoing to restore the service to a secure state. The target dates for restoration of the service are:
7 February – open for submitting themed competition proposals
19 February – open for submitting proposals for the Open Call for Innovation
If you would like to start your proposal whilst the submission service is offline, email firstname.lastname@example.org and request a MS Word proposal template.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh