Funding brief: Funding opportunities are made available through the Collaborative Research Programme (CRP) – ICGEB Research Grants, which is a dedicated source of funding aimed at financing projects addressing original scientific problems of particular relevance for the host country and of regional interest.
Established in 1988, the programme aims to stimulate collaborative research in Member States and with the ICGEB Component laboratories, to promote training of young scientists and to facilitate the creation of appropriate research facilities.
The programme provides support for research projects in basic science, human healthcare, industrial and agricultural biotechnology and bioenergy. A call for applications is launched yearly.
Donor Name: The International Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB)
Funding name: Research Grants
Deadline: The deadline for submission by e-mail of the completed application form (as a pdf file) to the ICGEB Liaison Officer for endorsement, with a copy also sent to ICGEB, is 30th, April, 2018.
Funding details link: http://www.icgeb.org/research-grants.html
Funding limit: Grants are awarded to contribute to the implementation of outstanding scientific research projects. An important element of successful applications is the feasibility of the proposed project within the designated time-frame (maximum 36 months). The maximum annual contribution from ICGEB is Euro 25,000.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● Applicants for research grant proposals (identified as “CRPs”) should hold positions at Universities or Research Institutes in any of the ICGEB Member States.
● Active collaboration with ICGEB Research Groups is welcome but is not mandatory. Particular attention will be given to projects addressing issues of interest for specific geographic regions and presented by groups collaborating across more than one country.
● Investigating groups do not qualify for submission of applications:
– if previously awarded projects have not been evaluated and satisfactorily concluded;
– if the University or Research Institute of the Principal Investigator is based in Italy.
● A special category of CRP-ICGEB Early Career Return Grants is intended to fund young researchers with an outstanding track record, who have spent a minimum of 2 years abroad and have recently returned to an ICGEB Member State to establish their own independent laboratories.
● Applicants for Early Career Return Grants should be no more than 40 years of age at the time of application.
● Applicants should have returned to an ICGEB Member State (except Italy) no more than 2 years prior to submitting the application.
Eligible Country: The programme aims to stimulate collaborative research in Member States (http://www.icgeb.org/member-states.html) and with the ICGEB Component laboratories, to promote training of young scientists and to facilitate the creation of appropriate research facilities.
Submission mail: email@example.com
Other important link:
● FAQ: http://www.icgeb.org/faq-for-icgeb-grants.html
● Guideline: http://www.icgeb.org/tl_files/Grants/CRP%20Guidelines_2018.pdf
How to apply: Submit your proposal by e-mail (as a pdf attachment) BOTH to:
1. The Liaison Officer of your country (refer to Annex A for the list of eligible countries and for full contact details)
2. The CRP-ICGEB Research Grants Unit (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh