Funding brief: The ReSource Award acknowledges social entrepreneurial initiatives aimed at prototyping or scaling up new approaches for resolving existing social and/or ecological issues related to sustainable water management practices. Examples include access to, use and supply of water, sanitation and hygiene in low, lower-middle and upper-middle-income countries as classified by the World Bank.
Criteria: The short and full proposals submitted will be assessed with regard to the following areas:
● Social and ecological challenge: The proposal demonstrates a profound and authentic understanding of the social and ecological problem to be addressed.
● Impact: The expected social, ecological and economic impact is clearly defined and in line with the scope of the ReSource Award.
● Approach: The proposal outlines a compelling social entrepreneurial approach to address the defined challenge. The defined goal and expected impact can realistically be achieved with the approach presented.
● Financials: There is a financially viable business plan in place based on clear and logical assumptions.
● Competencies: A qualified team with appropriate skills and track record is in place.
● Risk management: All relevant risk drivers and related prevention and risk mitigation measures are defined.
Donor Name: Swiss Re Foundation
Funding name: The ReSource Award
● Participants are requested to answer the online questionnaire on their social entrepreneurial initiative by 16th, March, 2018, 24.00 CET.
● Application deadline for full proposal: 11th, May, 2018
Funding details link: https://www.resourceaward.org/award-application
Funding limit: The prize combines financial and non-financial contributions (coaching/expert advice). Half of the total contribution equivalent to USD 150 000 will be allocated to three finalists (USD 20 000 + coaching each) from whom the winner will be selected. The award winning organization will be supported (USD 75 000 + coaching) during the following three years in further developing, prototyping or scaling up its social entrepreneurial initiative.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● Applicants with the skills, resources and commitment to launch and manage a social entrepreneurial initiative related to sustainable water management practices are invited to apply for the ReSource Award. Currently, only proposals are being considered that are designed to be implemented in low, lower-middle and upper-middle-income countries as classified by the World Bank in terms of per-capita GDP. Originators (for example, a team or organization) may not submit more than one proposal a year. The ReSource Award intends to partner up directly with social purpose organizations with existing or planned revenue generating activities. Accordingly, intermediary institutions that support social entrepreneurs are not supported under the Award.
● They invite charities, non-profit organizations and revenue-generating social enterprises to submit proposals for novel, entrepreneurial solutions in sustainable water management practices
Eligible Country: Low, lower-middle and upper-middle-income countries as classified by the World Bank (http://data.worldbank.org/about/country-and-lending-groups#Low_income).
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● FAQ: https://www.resourceaward.org/faq
How to apply: Applicants are asked to provide information on their social entrepreneurial initiative by completing the online questionnaire on their website. The application process is divided into four steps. Details on each step and on the criteria applied are available in the website. Offline applications are accepted in exceptional cases only upon prior inquiry with the Secretary of ReSource Award.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh