Funding brief: The Rice Business Plan Competition is the world’s richest and largest graduate-level student startup competition. It is hosted and organized by the Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Business at Rice University and the Rice Alliance for Technology and Entrepreneurship, Rice University’s internationally-recognized initiative devoted to the support of entrepreneurship. This is the 18th year for the competition. In that time, it has grown from nine teams competing for $10,000 in prize money in 2001, to 42 teams from around the world competing for more than $1 million in cash and prizes.
Donor Name: Rice University
Funding name: The Rice Business Plan Competition’
● Deadline to submit Application, Executive Summary, and Video Pitch: Friday, February, 9th, 2018 by 5:00 PM CST
● Deadline to submit Written Business Plan and media: Monday, March, 12nd, 2018 by 5:00 PM CDT
● Accepted teams will have until 5:00 PM CDT Monday, March 12, 2018 to submit a 10-page (maximum) Business Plan and Media materials.
Funding limit: They provide an intense, immersive experience over the course three days for student startup founders to pitch to investors, receive multiple rounds of feedback and advance their startup. There will be over $1 million in prizes, and all 42 teams who compete at Rice University in Houston are guaranteed to win cash prizes. The minimum cash prize is $500 and the grand prize winner receives a $300,000 investment (typically in the form of a convertible debt note, without geographic restrictions.)
All ventures must be seeking outside equity capital, typically early-stage venture capital investment or early-stage angel investment. All ventures must be “for profit” entities. This is an early-stage pitch competition, therefore, startups that have raised more than $250,000 in equity capital from sources other than the students or their friends or families prior to July 1, 2017 are not eligible to compete. Startup teams may have raised ANY level of equity funding AFTER July 1, 2017.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● Multiple student startup teams from the same school, institution or university center may apply to compete. There is no limit on the number of applications per school. The startup teams competing at Rice must include at least two degree-seeking students, including at least one graduate level student. (See details in Eligibility Requirements section.). Once an application is submitted, no changes can be made.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: www.rbpc.rice.edu
● Guideline: https://rbpc.rice.edu/sites/g/files/bxs806/f/2018-RBPC-Official-Rules-Judging-Criteria.pdf
How to apply: Submit your application online at www.rbpc.rice.edu .
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh