Funding brief: Established in 1984, the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA) Conservation Grants Fund (CGF) supports the cooperative conservation-related scientific and educational initiatives of AZA, AZA accredited zoos and aquariums, and their collaborators. CGF grants are awarded in six categories: animal health, animal welfare, conservation education, field conservation and/or reintroduction, animal management and/or breeding, and research.
AZA wants to help you write the best possible Conservation Grants Fund (CGF) proposal. Proposals which fail to follow the application requirements will not be included in the review process. Make sure you read carefully through the materials in this section before you get started.
AZA has defined six specific categories:
● Animal Health: Research projects, symposia, or publications that increase knowledge of or develop new approaches to assessing or treating medical conditions affecting animals in managed environments or in the wild.
● Animal Welfare: Research projects, symposia, or publications that increase knowledge of or develop new approaches to assessing the physical health and psychological well-being of individual animals in a managed environment.
● Conservation Education: Programs that raise public awareness and appreciation of wildlife conservation issues, stimulate conservation action, or transfer skills and technology and empower new conservation leaders, particularly in developing countries.
● Field Conservation: Initiatives on behalf of in-situ endangered and threatened species and their habitats and the reintroduction or translocation of these species to augment their population.
● Management/Breeding: Zoo and aquarium-based Animal Program management strategies and technologies for ensuring sustainability as well as genetic and demographic diversity.
● Research: Research projects, symposia, or publications that increase knowledge of or create new approaches to wildlife conservation.
Donor Name: Association of Zoos and Aquariums
Funding name: Conservation Grants Fund (CGF)
Deadline: Complete applications must be submitted by the final deadline 15 March 2018 by 5:00 PM EDT to be considered.
Funding details link: https://www.aza.org/cgf-information-for-applicants
Funding limit: The average CGF award is approximately $18,000.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Each CGF grant is for one year only. PIs can apply for a second year of funding, but must do so by submitting a new application. The same component of a project can be funded for a maximum of two cycles. However, different components of the same project are eligible for consideration as new project submissions.
Eligible organization: As below
● Each Principal Investigator (PI) identified on the application must have an independent AZA Membership (including those employed by an AZA-accredited institution). All others should be listed as collaborators in the narrative of the proposal and do not need to be members of AZA. The roles and qualifications of all collaborators should be described in detail and their CVs may be attached to the application if appropriate.
● Most proposals are made by larger institutions, however CGF encourages submissions from smaller institutions as the average rate of award success is equal amongst small and large institutions
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: CGFApp@aza.org
Other important link:
● Guideline: https://www.aza.org/assets/2332/grant_terms_and_conditions.pdf
2018 Application and Instructions: https://www.aza.org/assets/2332/2018applicationandinstructions.doc
Resubmission Form: https://www.aza.org/assets/2332/resubmission_form.doc
Statement of Institutional Support: https://www.aza.org/assets/2332/sis.doc
How to apply:
● Complete applications must be submitted to CGFApp@aza.org to be considered.
● The subject line in the email must be the project name.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh