Funding brief: The International Children’s Peace Prize is awarded annually to an exceptional child, whose courageous or otherwise remarkable actions have made a difference in improving children’s rights, which helps children worldwide. The motivation behind the prize is to provide a platform for children to express their ideas and personal involvement in children’s rights.
KidsRights feels that children should be recognized, awarded and motivated in their fierce efforts to improve their own situation and that of the children in their environment and even the world.
The prize was launched by KidsRights during the 2005 World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates at the Capitol in Rome, chaired by Mikhail Gorbachev. Since then, the prize has been presented every year by a Nobel Peace Laureate. The International Children’s Peace Prize is an initiative of Marc Dullaert, Chairman and Founder of the KidsRights Foundation.
The winner of the International Children’s Peace Prize is selected from nominations from all over the world. Nominate the children you meet and work with and whom you feel might be a good candidate for this prize!
Donor Name: The KidsRights Foundation
Funding name: The International Children’s Peace Prize
Deadline: 1st, March, 2018
Funding details link: https://childrenspeaceprize.org/nominate
● The Children’s Peace Prize is accompanied by a project fund of €100,000. Each year this fund is invested by KidsRights in projects that are closely connected to the winner’s area of work in the country of the winner.
● The winner receives a scholarship from KidsRights to enable him or her to obtain education up until and including the university degree. Secondly, financial care is made available to support the winner and his or her family in livelihood costs, where needed.
● The winner receives the statuette ‘Nkosi’, which shows how a child sets the world in motion.
● The prize recognizes the achievements of the young winner. Yet, the prize also offers the winner a global platform to promote his ideals and further his work. With the newfound attention, these young heroes’ messages reach an international audience of millions. This global attention will generate a higher level of cooperation and structural improvement for the realisation of children’s rights
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
● An individual boy or girl; (Groups of children will not be considered)
● Above 12 years and under 18 years of age; (the child should not be older than 17 years by the time of the nomination deadline)
● From all over the world;
● The child must have a clear history of standing up and fighting for the rights of him/herself and other children. It is important that the child has an active approach in accomplishing this goal, which has led to a concrete result;
● Ability to travel abroad and feeling comfortable communicating with other people;
● The child agrees to being nominated for the International Children’s Peace Prize.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: email@example.com
Other important link:
● Apply: https://childrenspeaceprize.org/nominate
● Form: https://childrenspeaceprize.org/downloads/2018-nomination-form-en.doc
How to apply:
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://childrenspeaceprize.org/nominate). or
● Please send, before 1st March 2018, the data of your nominee to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the picture of the nominee and the nomination form.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh