Funding brief: The Kellogg-Morgan Stanley Sustainable Investing Challenge seeks to identify outstanding proposals offering novel investment strategies to meet some of the most pressing global challenges ahead. As the world’s population approaches 9 billion people by the year 2050, the challenge of meeting human demand for scarce global resources will intensify. Finance has a key role to play in meeting this challenge. Moreover, an increasing number of institutional investors are seeking sustainable investment opportunities for their portfolios. Specifically, these investors seek to identify investment strategies that can meet the financial needs of their organizations by investing in funds, investment vehicles, or direct investments that are consistent with the principles of sustainability and impact. Teams are encouraged to think beyond social enterprises, venture capital fund vehicles and strategies. This competition requires you to propose and defend a sustainable impact investment strategy that uses finance and investment tools to create an innovative solution to an environmental or societal challenge. Integral to this competition are first, that you are creating a financial vehicle, and second, that your financial vehicle will have social impact.
Institutions seeking investments may include but are not limited to:
● University Endowments
● Retirement and Pension Funds
● Family Foundations
● Family Offices
The proposal must be a fit for an institutional investor who is seeking:
Both competitive returns and positive social and/or environmental impact
Risk management that is commensurate with the target returns
Transparent performance metrics for both the financial and social return
Clear linkage between program outcomes and social impact
The institutions are open to multiple asset classes, including but not limited to:
● Private equity/venture capital
● Real assets
● Public equities
● Fixed income securities
● Microfinance lending and investing
The Kellogg-Morgan Stanley Sustainable Investing Challenge is looking for innovative investment ideas that balance the tension between financial and social return rather than sacrifice either priority. There is no limitation on asset class or investment vehicle and teams are encouraged to think creatively. The focus is on investment vehicles and fund strategies versus companies.
Donor Name: The Kellogg School of Management and Morgan Stanley
Funding name: The Kellogg-Morgan Stanley Sustainable Investing Challenge
Deadline: 20th, February, 2018 at 11:59PM CST
Funding details link: http://sustainableinvestingchallenge.org/compete/
Funding limit: $15,000 in prizes will be awarded to the winning teams. Awards will be made for the overall quality of the proposals based on the judging criteria.
● Overall First Place: $10,000
● Overall Runner-Up: $5,000
Along with the overall first place prize money of $10,000, the winning team will be invited to attend and present on a panel with Dave Chen, CEO and Principal of Equilibrium Capital and co-founder of the Challenge at the Milken Global Conference in Los Angeles. The conference convenes approximately 3,500 of the best minds in the world to tackle the most stubborn challenges.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● Graduate students from around the world are invited to participate in the Kellogg-Morgan Stanley Sustainable Investing Challenge. Teams are limited to a maximum of four members, all of whom must be enrolled in a graduate program at the time of the prospectus submission, and the team cannot include more than one member who is pursuing an Executive MBA. A team may include members from different graduate schools. All ideas must be the original ideas of the team members. Each team is required to submit a two-page prospectus outlining their proposal. From the submitted prospectuses, ten teams will be selected to present at the finals competition. At least one team member should be available to present at the finals competition, if the team is chosen to advance to that round, and all team members attending the finals competition should plan to stay for the entire event. Please note that any team member not in attendance at the finals competition will not share in any prizes awarded to that team.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: https://app.reviewr.com/s1/site/SustainableInvest2018
● FAQ: http://sustainableinvestingchallenge.org/faq/
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://app.reviewr.com/s1/site/SustainableInvest2018).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh