Funding brief: The Common Fund for Commodities (CFC) invites applications for support of Commodity development activities.
The CFC is an intergovernmental foundation investing in organizations and enterprises pursuing SDG Agenda in commodity value chains in its member countries. Through a range of financial instruments, the CFC seeks to support business activities in the field of commodity development, including agriculture, minerals and metals in Developing Countries. CFC is an impact investor and expects proposals aiming to generate sound financial return, and provide for a measurable social and environmental impact.
The CFC provides a range of financial and technical instruments in support of business activities contributing to commodity sector development in Developing Countries. Examples include agriculture, commodity value addition and trade, minerals and metals. Besides generating available financial return, eligible activities should also deliver a measurable social and environmental impact.
Donor Name: The Common Fund for Commodities (CFC)
Funding name: 12th Open Call for Proposals
Deadline: 15th, April, 2018
Funding details link: http://www.common-fund.org/call-for-proposals/
● Term loans:
– Loan amount between USD 300,000 and USD 1,500,000 (or EUR equivalent);
– Loan period up to 5 years with maximum 2 year grace period;
– Collateralized with pledge / mortgage over fixed assets or with third party guarantees;
– Indicative interest rate between 5% and 10% depending on CFC’s assessment of risk and local market rates.
● Development impact bonds: The CFC is behind the first Development Impact Bond in the commodity sector and will consider participating as investor in projects financed under DIB model1. If applying for DIB financing, please complete Section III.2.5 in full. Equity stake in impact investment funds and other forms of impact financing:
– Equity amount between USD 300,000 and USD 1,500,000 (or EUR equivalent);
– Minority stakes only;
– Clear exit divestment strategy;
– Board representation by a CFC nominated delegate may be required.
● Fast track financing Can be considered for activities yielding immediate results towards CFC objectives as stated under Section 4 and / or the development of innovative products and services in a pre-commercial phase:
– financing amount of between USD 50,000 and USD 120,000 (or EUR equivalent);
– in principle, Fast Track financing concerns returnable funding with flexible financing and Security conditions, under a simplified approval procedure.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: The term of the loan should normally be 3 to 5 year duration. In an exceptional case, reasons the same to be provided by proponents at the proposal submission stage, may be extended but should not exceed 7 years;
Eligible organization: As below
● All legal public and private entities are eligible to apply under this Call for Proposals, provided they:
– operate in commodity value chains in CFC member countries or provide financial services to micro, small and medium sized businesses operating in these value chains,
– have a proven relevant track record of sound financial operations in their current and / or proposed activities over a period of at least 3 years, which can be documented by means of (audited) financial statements, and
– share CFC’s values, including internationally recognized principles concerning human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption as reflected in the United Nations Global Compact.
● The amount of finance requested from CFC should not exceed 50% of the total amount required to execute the project. The balancing amount of co-financing is to be provided by the applicant and/or by other co-financiers. Such co-financing should be relative to the new funding requirement for the (investment) project. Sunk cost are not eligible to be considered as a financial contribution.
● A thorough assessment of the co-financing available will form part of CFC’s final due diligence verification.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions in Developing Countries)
Submission mail: email@example.com
Other important link:
● Guideline: https://commonfunds.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?docid=07fa0452220434d65ac0bc5212cebbd33&authkey=Ab9joqfWP1eenOINsRTPhnI&e=c0906ad451ab460481afe1a839429181
How to apply:
● Please submit the completed application form and any supplementary Documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail addressed to the Managing Director, Common Fund for Commodities, P.O. Box 74656, 1070 BR, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
● Applications are to be made in English only as the CFC cannot provide for translation of proposals submitted in other languages.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh