Funding brief: The World Illustration Awards are the most prestigious juried illustration Awards globally, respected by illustrators, agents and commissioners alike.
The World Illustration Awards has eight categories.
● Advertising, sponsored by procreate: Advertising products,s events or brands including printed posters, billboards and flyers, and digitally on websites, apps and TV.
● Children’s books, sponsored by walker books: Book covers, inside illustrations, whole book design or entire publications including graphic novels, e-books, interactive, picture or chapter books, fiction and non-fiction, zines, reference books and pop-up books, for readers under 16 years old.
● Editorial, sponsored by eye magazine: Illustration for journalism, comment, reporting, current affairs, campaigning, social comment and news communication in any media or on any platform including feature articles, news items, reports, cartoons, political satire, reportage, graphic facilitation and documentary.
● Site specific: Illustration for murals, installations, wall drawings, interventions, public commissions, architectural commissions, graffiti and street art.
● Books, sponsored by nobrow: Book covers, inside illustrations, whole book design or entire publications including graphic novels, e-books, interactive books, text books, works of fiction and non-fiction, zines, reference books and artist books for readers 16+ years old.
● Design: Illustration for branding, logos, packaging, fashion design, graphic design, product design, stationery, greetings cards, calendars, record sleeves, stamps, pattern design, typography, icons, games and interior design.
● Experimental: This category is for experimental work in formats not covered by the other categories, such as apps, virtual reality, installations, experimental work and portfolio projects.
● Research: Research and investigation to represent, explain or understand information, including illustration supporting academic research, forensic illustration, scientific illustration, natural history illustration, medical illustration, visual informatics and data-visualization.
Donor Name: Association of Illustrators (AOI)
Funding name: The World Illustration Awards 2018
Deadline: The deadline for submissions is Tuesday 6th, February, 2018.
Funding details link: https://theaoi.com/world-illustration-awards/call-for-entries/
● This year there are cash prizes for the Overall Winners, sponsored by rOtring: £2,000 for the Overall Professional Winner, and £1,000 for the Overall New Talent Winner.
● The Overall Professional Winner will receive 1 full page in Directory of Illustration No. 35. including an online portfolio with 100 images. The value is $2695 USD.
● The Professional Advertising Category Winner will receive an iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Procreate software package, courtesy of the Advertising Category sponsor Procreate.
● The New Talent Advertising Category Winner will receive a Procreate software package, courtesy of the Advertising Category sponsor Procreate.
● All category winners will be given a complimentary annual AOI membership, valued at £160.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
● Illustrators in any country working in any medium or content can enter work created between January 2017 and February 2018.
● Work may be entered by the creator or third parties such as agents, colleges or commissioners. Submissions must be made into the eight categories as either a New Talent (students or those within 2 years of graduation or entering the illustration world) or a Professional entry.
● Entries are judged by industry professionals drawn from across the world.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: https://theaoi.com/wia2018/
● Guideline: https://theaoi.com/world-illustration-awards/wia-competition-terms-conditions/
● Categories: https://theaoi.com/world-illustration-awards/categories/
● FAQ: https://theaoi.com/world-illustration-awards/faqs/
How to apply:
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://theaoi.com/wia2018/).
● Entry fees apply. Single entry: 1 image or 1 moving image link: £25 / $33 / €30
● Multiple Entry: Up to 5 images (or combination of still and moving images): £45 / $60 / €54
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh