Funding brief: Van Tienhoven Foundation is a small foundation that makes grants on the basis of the estate of Pieter Gerbrand van Tienhoven.
They are concerned about life on earth and the delicate balance between human life, nature and biodiversity. They believe local people are instrumental and key to conserve and restore nature and species populations. They believe that small grants can have a great impact, but only if small grants lead to change in policy and practice.
Criteria: The Van Tienhoven Foundation prioritizes projects that:
● Are practical, hands-on and directly applicable in order to generate change
● Are initiated, owned or widely supported by local stakeholders, in order to ensure sustainability
● Are focusing on threatened species and ecosystems and/or key biodiversity areas
● Are aiming to counter the human-induced causes for these threats, in order to have maximum conservation impact
● Are exemplary for a wider problem, serve as a catalyst for raising awareness and engaging other stakeholders
● Create leverage and can demonstrate that small grants and individual efforts can make a difference
● They prioritize actions that lead to direct change in policy and practice.
Donor Name: The Van Tienhoven Foundation
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: The closing date is 14th, February, 2018 at 23.59 hrs CET (Central European Time)
Funding details link: http://www.vantienhovenfoundation.com/C120-Application.html
Funding limit: The Van Tienhoven Foundation (co-)sponsors projects to a maximum of € 10,000. If the Board considers applications of similar importance, requests for smaller amounts of money will be given priority.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Two years
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: They only accept applications:
● From not-for-profit organizations, that are registered as legal bodies (NGOs and scientific institutions). They don’t accept applications from government bodies, private companies or individuals. Only 1 application per organization will be taken into consideration each call for proposals, if the following conditions have been met:
a) A final report has been submitted of any project previously supported by the Van Tienhoven Foundation,
b) No more than 3 projects of the same organization have been funded by the Van Tienhoven Foundation during the past 8 years (starting from the date at which a final report of the first project was received by the secretariat of the Van Tienhoven Foundation).
● From organizations with a track record in conservation and/or social justice/sustainable development, to be demonstrated by background documentation (e.g. websites, social media, annual and/or final project delivery reports).
● Implemented in developing countries or in countries in transition, predominantly following the most recent DAC list
● With costs based on local rates. Costs of salaries and consultancy fees based on rates outside the countries of implementation are not covered. Travel costs (from) outside the countries of implementation are not covered. The purchase of vehicles (e.g. cars, boats) is not supported. We do not support overhead costs.
● Where actions are not part of a study leading to any academic title and/or aimed at delivering a book.
● Of projects that have not started yet at the time of submission, and with a project time span of maximum two years, a maximum requested budget of 10.000 euro from the Van Tienhoven Foundation and a total project budget of no more than 50.000 euro.
● That are submitted before the designated application submission deadline and contain a completely filled out application form of the Van Tienhoven Foundation.
Eligible Country: They only accept applications those implemented in developing countries or in countries in transition, predominantly following the most recent DAC list).
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: http://www.vantienhovenfoundation.com/C141-Application-Form.html
● DAC list: http://www.oecd.org/dac/stats/documentupload/DAC%20List%20of%20ODA%20Recipients%202014%20final.pdf
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (http://www.vantienhovenfoundation.com/C141-Application-Form.html).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh