Funding brief: The LUMIX Festival for Young Photojournalism attests to the power of photojournalism in our image-oriented world. Fundamentally influencing our perception of humanity in all its facets, photojournalism contributes to our education and sensitization, rouses our emotion, and enables us to share.
The Association for the Promotion of Photography in Hanover organizes the LUMIX Festival in cooperation with the photojournalism and documentary photography study course at the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Hanover, Faculty III, Media, Information and Design and with the support of the German photojournalist association FREELENS for the 6th time.
All students and professional photojournalists under the age of 35 are welcome to submit their work for the 6th LUMIX Festival and based on those submissions 60 photojournalists will be invited to exhibit their work during the festival. The exhibitions accompanies an attractive program which includes portfolio-reviews, lectures, panel-discussions, guided tours and a photo fair.
The highlights of each festival day are the evening lectures delivered by internationally renowned photographers. The end of the festival is marked by the closing party on Saturday evening, which hosts the granting ceremonies of the FREELENS Award, the LUMIX Multimedia Award, the Lammerhuber Photography Award, the HAZ Audience Award, and the sustainability award.
The festival aims to be a platform for discussions, a picture show and a talent forum that appeals to professional picture editors and an interested expert audience as well as those who simply love photography.
Donor Name: FREELENS, The Association for the Promotion of Photography, University of Applied Sciences and Arts Hanover
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: 31st, January, 2018
Funding details link: https://fotofestival-hannover.de/en/festival/2018.html
● FREELENS Award: The prize of EUR 10,000 goes to the most impressive work of all festival exhibitions. Two »Honourable Mentions« will also be awarded and include a prize of EUR 1,000 each.
● The LUMIX Multimedia Award:
● The Lammerhuber Photography Award: The prize is endowed with EUR 5,000.
● The HAZ Audience Award: the HAZ Audience Award endowed with EUR 1.000
● And The Sustainability Award: The price endowed with 1.000 Euro
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
● FREELENS Award: Applicants can be young photojournalists, photographers, students of photography, volunteer interns and trainees who are not older than 35 at the time of application. Only the photographers themselves can submit their applications.
Only one series of photojournalistic character, reportage or essay can be submitted per applicant. The work must consist of at least 15 photos, but not more than 30. Group works will not be accepted. The work may already have been published or distinguished at other festivals, but this is not a precondition.
The submitted works must have been created after 1st, November, 2015.
● The LUMIX Multimedia Award: All photojournalists, photographers, students of photography and voluntary interns who are not older than 35 at the time of application may apply. Only the photographers themselves can submit their applications. Submitted works may have been produced by more than one author as long as most of the team members have not passed the age limit.
As the LUMIX Festival is devoted to photography, no exclusively film submissions will be accepted as applications for the LUMIX Multimedia Award. An exclusive film submission will be accepted only if it employs photographic stylistic devices. In cases of doubt, a decision will be made by the independent jury.
It is acceptable to apply with slideshows and multimedia reportages, scrollytelling stories and web documentaries.
● The Lammerhuber Photography Award: Not Found
● The HAZ Audience Award: Not Found
● And The Sustainability Award: Not Found
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
FREELENS Award: https://fotofestival-hannover.de/en/application/freelens-award.html
The LUMIX Multimedia Award: https://fotofestival-hannover.de/en/application/competition-rules.html
The Lammerhuber Photography Award: Not found
The HAZ Audience Award: Not found
And The Sustainability Award: Not found
● Award Category: https://fotofestival-hannover.de/en/application/bewerbung.html
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website by the following link.
● FREELENS Award: https://fotofestival-hannover.de/en/application/freelens-award.html
● The LUMIX Multimedia Award: https://fotofestival-hannover.de/en/application/lumix-multimedia-award.html
● The Lammerhuber Photography Award: Not found
● The HAZ Audience Award: Not found
● And The Sustainability Award: Not found
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh