Funding brief: The United States Agency for International Development (USAID)’s Bureau for Food Security (BFS) under the management of the Office of Country Strategy and Implementation (CSI) is continuing USAID’s long-term support for the Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) Program. This NFO is issued to solicit applications to manage F2F volunteer programs under Leader with Associate Cooperative Agreements (LWAs). The LWAs resulting from this NFO will enable USAID to continue its support for US voluntary assistance for economic growth in the agricultural sector at regional and country levels. The LWA mechanism will facilitate USAID Mission funding to expand volunteer assistance and impact on agricultural program element objectives.
Donor Name: The United States Agency for International Development in Bangladesh (USAID), Bureau for Food Security (BFS), Office of Country Strategy and Implementation (CSI)
Funding name: The Farmer-to-Farmer Program
Funding Opportunity Number: 7200AA18B00002
Deadline: Feb, 12th, 2018
Funding details link: https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=299699
Funding limit: $32,000,000-$64,000,000
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● To be eligible for a Farmer-to-Farmer Cooperative Agreement(s) under this NFO, principal applicants must meet the below applicable eligibility requirements. Any proposed deviation to the eligibility requirements will not be accepted.
● The F2F Cooperative Agreements are fully competed among eligible organizations. Eligible applicants must be either: a US Private Voluntary Organization (PVO) registered with USAID; a U.S. nonprofit farm organization; a US agricultural cooperative; a private U.S. agribusiness or agriculturally-related business or consulting firm; private organization (including grassroots organizations with an established and demonstrated capacity to carry out such a bilateral exchange program), private corporation, or a U.S. college, university or foundation maintained by a college or university. (A PVO may be in the registration process during the NFO Part I: Concept Note stage, however must be fully registered before NFO Part II: Full Application stage. To register with USAID as a U.S. PVO, please refer to USAID’s website at http://www.usaid.gov, USAID Keyword: PVO Registration.
● Applicants must also have within the past five (5) years a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in planning, managing, monitoring and reporting on international agricultural development programs. For profit businesses must waive profits and/or fees to be eligible to submit an
Eligible Country: Applicants shall propose programs for core country programs in specific geographic areas as listed below. Approximately two-thirds of the funding will be allocated to programs in the first four listed regions. A program of up to approximately $8.25 million would be expected to be appropriate to a regional program. Applications may cover multiple regional programs or larger thematic programs of over $8.25 million in a given region. Regional program categories are listed below:
● East Africa
● Southern Africa
● West Africa
● Caribbean Basin
● Other – may include Country F2F Programs in core countries in: a) Middle East & North Africa; b) Europe, Caucasus and Central Asia; c) Latin America; d) Asia; or e) countries across multiple regions. (Note: Programs with core countries across multiple regions are fully acceptable, but require a statement justifying or explaining the rationale for this approach.)
|Caribbean Basin||Haiti, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Antigua and Barbuda, The Bahamas, Barbados, Suriname, Saint Kitts and Nevis|
|Sub-saharan||Ethiopia, Eritrea, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Southern Sudan, Comoros, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Southern Sudan, Comoros, Djibouti,
Somalia, Sudan, Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Madagascar, Mauritius, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Ghana,Mali, Senegal, Liberia, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Nigeria, Guinea, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Burundi, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Republic of the Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Gambia, Guinea-Bissau,Mauritania, Niger, Sao Tome and Principe, Sierra Leone, Togo
|Other||Bangladesh, Cambodia, Nepal, Indonesia, Timor-Leste, Afghanistan, Burma, India, Laos, Mongolia, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Egypt, Lebanon,West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Jordan, Morocco, Tajikistan, Georgia,Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Serbia, Ukraine, Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina,Moldova, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Guatemala, Honduras, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Panama
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important link:
● The paper “Managing International Volunteer Programs: A Farmer-to-Farmer Program Manual” shares lessons learned and good practice for managing Farmer-to-Farmer Programs and should be useful to potential new implementing organizations. See http://www.farmer-to-farmer.org/resources/2016-f2f-good-practices-manual.
● Manual on good practice in agricultural volunteer program implementation, available at: http://www.farmer-to-farmer.org/resources/2016-f2f-good-practices-manual
● The manual and other documents relevant to good practice in programming volunteers for agricultural development may be found at: http://www.farmer-to-farmer.org/.
How to apply:
● Competition under this NFO will be conducted in two phases:
Phase I: Concept Note
Phase II: Full Application
● Prospective applicants shall submit all Concept Notes in writing via email ONLY to email@example.com no later than the time and date specified above. DO NOT SUBMIT CONCEPT NOTES VIA GRANTS.GOV, THEY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh