Funding brief: The TWAS Prizes are awarded to individual scientists from developing countries in recognition of an outstanding contribution to scientific knowledge in nine fields of sciences and/or to the application of science and technology to sustainable development.
Donor Name: The World Academy of Science (TWAS)
Funding name: The TWAS Prizes
Deadline: 15th, March, 2018
Funding details link: https://twas.org/opportunity/twas-prizes
● Every year, TWAS awards nine prizes of USD15,000 each in the following fields: agricultural sciences; biology; chemistry; earth, astronomy and space sciences; engineering sciences; mathematics; medical sciences; physics and social sciences*.
● Each prize is accompanied by a medal.
● Prizes are usually presented on a special occasion, often coinciding with the General Meeting of TWAS.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● Candidates for a TWAS Prize must be scientists who have been working and living in a developing country for at least ten years immediately prior to their nomination. They must meet at least one of the following qualifications:
● Scientific research achievement of outstanding significance for the development of scientific thought.
● Outstanding contribution to the application of science and technology to sustainable development.
● Members of TWAS and candidates for TWAS membership are not eligible for TWAS Prizes.
● Self-nominations will not be considered.
● TWAS is inviting nominations from all its members as well as science academies, national research councils, universities and scientific institutions in developing and developed countries.
● Nominations must be made on the on-line nomination form and clearly state the contribution the candidate has made to the development of the particular field of science for which the prize would be awarded.
● Nominations of women scientists and scientists from scientifically lagging countries are particularly encouraged.
● The re-nomination of a previously declined candidate shall be accepted only if it bears substantially new elements for judgment.
Eligible Country: Developing countries in the South (https://twas.org/developing-countries-south)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: http://onlineforms.twas.org/apply/53
● Resume: http://onlineforms.twas.org/
● Eligible countries: https://twas.org/developing-countries-south
● Tips: http://onlineforms.twas.org/documents/Applicants_tutorial.pdf
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (http://onlineforms.twas.org/apply/53).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh