Funding brief: The objective of the transnational access is to offer to the users free-of-charge access to the research and testing facilities of the MaRINET2 network. As there are limitations to the amount of access available for each facility, it is necessary to set a procedure over the whole duration of the project allowing optimum use of access time. Therefore, five periods of access will be organized over the lifespan of the project, each of them having a 6-month duration. A selection procedure will be organized for each of these access periods, starting with a call for proposals scheduled at least 3 months ahead of the starting date of the access period.
Priorities: The User Selection Board shall base its selection on scientific merit, i.e. evidence of a rigorous test plan following the Development and Testing Protocol, quality of the project and competence of the applicants. Priority is given to User Groups composed of users who:
● Have not previously used the MaRINET2 infrastructure
● Are working in countries where no such research infrastructures exist
● Consist of young researchers, taking into account the parity of male-female users
● Are from outside the MaRINET2 network
Donor Name: MaRINET2
Funding name: No specific fund name
● 10th, April – 20th, May, 2017
● 15th, Jan, 2018 – 28th, Feb, 2018
● 1st, Nov, 2018 – 15th, Dec, 2018
● 15th, Aug, 2019- 30th, Sep, 2019
● 25th, June, 2020 – 7th, Aug, 2020
Funding details link: http://www.marinet2.eu/facilities/application-procedure/
● MaRINET2 provides a contribution of €1000 per User Group per week towards the travel and subsistence expenses of Users which is administered by the Access Providers, who have already received this T&S budget.
● It is important to note that approx. €1m per call will be made available for access funding in the 5 calls over the lifetime of the MaRINET2 project.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Total duration of transnational activity: ~48 months (~9.5 months per call)
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: To be eligible to benefit for free access to any of the MaRINET2 infrastructures, a User Group (a team of one or more who wish to use a facility, led by a User Group leader) must satisfy the following conditions:
● The User Group leader and the majority of the users must work in a country other than the country(ies) where the installation is located (this rule applies for the entire duration of the access period). This rule does not apply to:
if access is provided by an International organization, the Joint Research Council (JRC), an ERIC or similar legal entities;
in case of remote access to a set of installations located in different countries offering the same type of service.
● Only user groups that are allowed to disseminate the results they have generated under the action may benefit from the access, unless the users are working for SMEs.
Access for user groups with a majority of users not working in a EU or associated country is limited to 20% of the total amount of units of access (time-based) provided under the grant.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Guideline: http://www.marinet2.eu/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/UserGuidelines_Marinet2_D3.1bfinal.pdf
How to apply: Please contact with the donor directly to know the details for applying for this project.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh