Funding brief: BigPicture encourages photographers from around the world to contribute their work to this competition that will both celebrate and illustrate the rich diversity of life on Earth and inspire action to protect and conserve it through the power of imagery. Chaired by award-winning conservation photographer Suzi Eszterhas, this competition welcomes high-quality nature, wildlife and conservation images and is open to all photographers around the world. Enter your nature, wildlife and conservation images for a chance to win cash prizes and be exhibited at the California Academy of Sciences.
Image categories Photographers must enter each image in one of the below categories. The same photo cannot be entered in more than one category. Judges reserve the right to switch images to other categories.
● Terrestrial Wildlife: Animals photographed anywhere in the world. Images may include land-based mammals, reptiles, amphibians, and non-flying insects whether they live in trees or on land.
● Winged Life: Birds or flying insects photographed anywhere in the world, in flight, perched, or in action. This category includes flightless birds such as penguins, nēnēs and ostriches.
● Landscapes, Waterscapes & Flora: Captivating images of wild places with a unique perspective, from expansive landscape vistas of forests, deserts and mountains to the micro habitats of plants and other flora. Images may include water environments of oceans, lakes and rivers with images taken above or under water including waves, tide pools and other water scenes.
● Aquatic Life: Marine animals including mammals, fish, reptiles, amphibians and invertebrates that spend the majority of their time in water.
● Art of Nature: Abstract expressions of nature and/or science. Life photographed out in nature or under the microscope. Images may include unusual close ups, angles, patterns, motion, or perspectives, black and white photography and images created using scientific imaging tools. Artistic effects should not be the result of digital manipulations.
● Human/Nature: Images that depict the efforts of scientists, conservationists, and others working to sustain life on our planet, or the complex relationships between human and nature. Images should illustrate the impacts of humans on the environment and can be either positive or negative impact stories
● 2018 Series: Time Capsule: A 3–5 image submission with captions. With the world changing so rapidly, what natural world moments would you put into your time capsule? This year’s photo series chronicles a moment in time, the passage of time, or growth and change in the natural world. Images may reveal the process of saving an endangered animal, the dramatic movements of ice, snow and water or new perspectives as the Earth revolves around the sun.
Donor Name: BigPicture
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: March, 1st, 2018 at 11:59 pm North American Pacific Standard Time (PST)
Funding details link: https://www.bigpicturecompetition.org/competitiondetails
● $12,000 in Cash Prizes to be awarded to the 2018 winners;
● The Grand Prize winner will receive $5,000 for the best overall image in the 2018 BigPicture Natural World Photography Competition and be featured in the annual exhibit at the California Academy of Sciences. The first place winners of the seven official categories will each receive $1,000 in cash and also have their winning images featured in the annual exhibit. Up to 6 additional finalists will be awarded a certificate of recognition for each category, with the exception of the Photo Series category. The Photo Series category will have one First Place awarded.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
● BigPicture is open to all photographers worldwide, except employees, volunteers and Board Members of the Academy (as well as their sponsors) and the immediate families and individuals living in the same household as such employees, volunteers and Board Members. Academy reserves the right to verify, in its sole judgment, entrant eligibility. Void where prohibited.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: https://www.bigpicturecompetition.org/submission
● Guideline: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OvCY5kVxUiEqMD-PVxUZl10tY8EGkUlm/view
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://www.bigpicturecompetition.org/submission).
Each photographer can enter photos as follows:
● $25 for up to 10 single image submissions in any category
● $15 for 1 Photo Series submission (3–5 images)
● Entrants are limited to up to 10 single image submissions per registered email address and may register an unlimited number of email addresses. Payment is made on a secure web page using a major credit card. Entry fees must be completed by the competition deadline (March 1, 2018) to be eligible to win. Images are not entered into the competition, eligible for prizes, or made viewable to judges until the contest fee is paid. Entry fees are used to provide the competition prizes and help the Academy in its mission and are non-refundable.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh