Funding brief: The National Endowment for Democracy (NED) makes direct grants to hundreds of nongovernmental organizations worldwide working to advance democratic goals and strengthen democratic institutions each year.
NED is interested in proposals from local, independent organizations for nonpartisan programs that seek to:
● Promote and defend human rights and the rule of law
● Support freedom of information and independent media
● Strengthen democratic ideas and values
● Promote accountability and transparency
● Strengthen civil society organizations
● Strengthen democratic political processes and institutions
● Promote civic education
● Support democratic conflict resolution
● Promote freedom of association
● Strengthen a broad-based market economy
Donor Name: National Endowment for Democracy (NED)
Funding name: No specific fund name
● September, 29th, 2017
● December, 22nd, 2017
● March, 16th, 2018
● June, 22nd, 2018
Funding details link: https://www.ned.org/apply-for-grant/en/
Funding limit: The average grant is around $50,000.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: The average grant lasts 12 months.
Eligible organization: As below
● NED funds only nongovernmental organizations, which may include civic organizations, associations, independent media, and other similar organizations.
● NED encourages applications from organizations working in diverse environments including newly established democracies, semi-authoritarian countries, highly repressive societies and countries undergoing democratic transitions.
● NED does not make grants to individuals, governmental bodies, or state-supported institutions such as public universities.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: PROPOSALS@NED.ORG
Other important link:
● Apply: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_1280?SA=SNA&FID=35048
● Guideline: http://www.ned.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/PropGuide-EN-0912.pdf
● Proposal cover sheet (pdf) (doc): http://www.ned.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/PCS-PDF-EN.pdf
● Additional guidance: http://www.ned.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/AddGuide-EN-0912.pdf
● Budget template: http://www.ned.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/BG-EN-0912.xls
● Budget sample: http://www.ned.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/BGSample-EN-0712.pdf
● Step-by-Step Online Application Instructions: http://www.ned.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/INSTR-EN-0113.pdf
● NED statement of principles and objectives: http://www.ned.org/about/statement-of-principles-and-objectives/
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the following steps-
● Apply online – online application: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_1280?SA=SNA&FID=35048
● Apply by email: Send all of the application materials by email to PROPOSALS@NED.ORG .
● To apply by post: Send all of the application materials to National Endowment for Democracy:Attn: Grant Proposals, 1025 F Street NW, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20004 USA
● To apply by fax: +1 (202) 378-9407
● Please include your Certificate of Registration or other documentation showing the legal status of your organization.
● If your organization is not registered, this documentation is not required. Instead, please include an explanation (in the Proposal Cover Sheet) as to why your organization is not registered and the status of any pending applications for registration.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh