Funding brief: The Human Rights Essay Award is an annual competition sponsored by the Academy that seeks to stimulate the production of scholarly work in international human rights law. Participants have the flexibility to choose any subject related to the assigned topic. The essay must be a legal article. The Academy will grant two Awards, one for the best article in English and one for the best article in Spanish.
Topic for 2018: Gender Violence and International Human Rights Law
Donor Name: American University Washington College of Law- Academy on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law
Funding name: Human Rights Essay Award
Deadline: 1st, February, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST
Funding details link: https://www.wcl.american.edu/impact/initiatives-programs/hracademy/award/
Funding limit: The Award in each case will consist of:
● A full scholarship to the Program of Advanced Studies on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law for either the Diploma or Certificate of Attendance options
● Travel expenses to and from Washington D.C.
● Housing at the university dorms
● Per diem for living expenses
● The best articles may also be published in the American University International Law Review
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
● The Academy on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law at American University Washington College of Law is proud to request the submission of papers for the Human Rights Essay Award. Candidates for the Award must hold a law degree and have a demonstrated experience or interest in international human rights law.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: https://www.wcl.american.edu/hracademy/hressayaward/form.cfm?lang=en
● Guideline: https://www.wcl.american.edu/impact/initiatives-programs/hracademy/initiatives/award/rules/
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://www.wcl.american.edu/hracademy/hressayaward/form.cfm?lang=en).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh