Funding brief: The ITF is pleased to announce our second call for proposals for trans groups, collectives and networks. The ITF was created to mobilize sustainable resources to help build strong, trans-led movements and collective action, and to address and eliminate funding gaps impacting trans groups across the globe. The purpose of the ITF is to:
● Build and sustain a mechanism to support trans-led groups of different sizes working on a range of issues at the international, regional, country, and local levels, with a particular emphasis on smaller groups and/or groups with access to fewer resources.
● Increase resources and enhance access to resources to support trans movements including:
– Financial resources dedicated to trans-led organizations and groups through grantmaking.
– Non-financial resources for trans organizations, such as skills building, organizational strengthening, leadership development, and activist support.
– Access to other and new donors.
● Educate our peers in the philanthropic community on trans issues and influence other funders andstrategic allies on trans-related commitments and strategies.
The ITF’s priorities in this funding cycle are to:
● Fund a diversity of groups, including around regions, languages, gender and other identities, strategies and issues.
● Reach trans communities facing greater levels of marginalization (e.g. racism, classism, ageism, ableism, misogyny and so on).
● Support trans groups whose work is inters
Donor Name: The International Trans Fund (ITF)
Funding name: The International Trans Fund (ITF)
Deadline: The deadline to apply is February, 12th, 2018 at 5pm (EST/New York time).
Funding details link: https://www.transfund.org/our-grants/apply-for-a-grant/
● They warmly welcome applications from trans-led groups with budgets below $150,000.
● They are only able to make one-year grants, due to our own funding limitations. Most grants will range between $10,000 and $30,000 USD. Grants up to $50,000 may be considered in special circumstances. They do not accept applications for funding of more than $50,000 or less than $5,000.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: To be eligible for funding groups must be meet the following criteria:
● Be trans-led:
The ITF defines ‘trans-led’ as trans people are in decision-making roles, including setting the organization’s strategic and financial priorities, AND make up 75% of the group’s staff, spokespeople, and Board or decision-making body.
If this is not the case, groups must demonstrate how trans people make budget, organizational and strategic decisions.
● Have an operating budget under $150,000 USD.
● Be a group of people (i.e. not an individual).
● Main focus of work is to benefit the trans community.
● Contribute to movement building, not just providing direct services.
● Applications that do not meet the criteria will be found to be ineligible and will not be reviewed by the GMP.
The ITF does not fund:
● Organizations that are not led by trans people (even if they are working on trans issues).
● Organizations that do not do work specifically to benefit trans people or communities.
● Groups, collectives, and networks with operating budgets above $150,000 USD.
● Groups and projects that only provide direct services to individuals without contributing to trans movement building in some way
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: email@example.com
Other important link:
● About: https://www.transfund.org/about-us/what-we-do/
● Guideline: https://www.transfund.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ITF-Application-Guidelines-2018-ENG.pdf
● Form: https://www.transfund.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ITF-Application-Form-2018-ENG.docx
● Budget Form: https://www.transfund.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ITF-Budget-Form-2018-ENG.xlsx
How to apply: Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh