Funding brief: KR Foundation address root causes of climate change and environmental degradation, and safeguard the planetary boundaries.
The mission of KR Foundation is to help provide answers to, stimulate mind shifts about, and encourage action on, the long-term challenges faced by current and future generations living on a planet with finite resources, fragile ecosystems, and climate change. Read more about our mission here.
As a philanthropic foundation, KR Foundation typically engages in areas where neither governments nor markets actors seem to have incentives to act. Not restricted by short-term considerations and profit concerns, KR Foundation engages in non-profit activities with long-term impact on our climate and environment.
KR Foundation prioritizes communication and advocacy activities within our program areas but will also consider proposals in other areas with a high potential for impact that meet our general criteria for funding. Please contact the Foundation prior to submitting a proposal that does not match the Foundation’s program areas.
Please note that KR Foundation does not fund local and community-based activities unless they are truly scalable and have a clear international perspective. Proposals focusing on local development activities will not be considered.
Donor Name: KR Foundation
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: The next deadline for LOIs is 31st, January, 2018 at 5pm CET.
Funding details link: http://krfnd.org/apply-for-funding/
Funding limit: KR Foundation’s grants typically range from DKK 2m to DKK 5m with a duration of up to approx. 3 years.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: 3 years
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: KR Foundation address root causes of climate change and environmental degradation, through supporting activities that:
● Provide scalable solutions with a clear international perspective and a significant impact
● Have a holistic and interdisciplinary approach, including activities that aim to change mind-sets and behavior
● Have convening power, facilitate cooperation between key stakeholders and help to link existing research and knowledge to action
● Help catalyze desired political processes at an international level and support new leadership (top-down approach) as well as activities aiming to communicate and create awareness (bottom-up approach)
● Take risks and potentially contribute to transformative and systemic change, and challenge conventional wisdom by exploring alternative and creative approaches
KR Foundation does not support:
● Issues other than climate change and environmental degradation
● For-profit organizations and activities
● Candidates for political office
● Individual government organizations at the national, regional or local level, including provincial and city administrations
● Individuals, e.g. scholarships
● Capital construction or endowment campaigns
● Establishing new organizations, institutes or centers with KR Foundation as sole funder
● Local and community-based activities that are not scalable and that do not have an international perspective, including development projects in developing countries
● Clean energy solutions and market ready solutions, including energy efficiency in buildings
● Nature conservation projects, including projects focused on single species
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important link:
● Guideline: http://krfnd.org/apply-for-funding/guidelines/
● Guidelines for Submitting Letters of Inquiry: http://krfnd.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Guidelines-for-Submitting-Letters-of-Inquiry.pdf
● Guidelines for Submitting Full Proposals: http://krfnd.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Guidelines-for-Submitting-Full-Proposals.pdf
● Budget and Financial Reporting Template and Guidelines: http://krfnd.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Budget-and-Financial-Reporting-Template-and-Guidelines.xlsx ● Terms and Conditions for Administration of Grants: http://krfnd.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Terms-and-Conditions-for-Administration-of-Grants.pdf
How to apply: KR Foundation grants are awarded twice annually. To apply for funding, please follow these 4 steps:
● Please check that your application/project idea fits with one of our two program areas (http://krfnd.org/program-areas/) as well as our general criteria for funding. Applications that do not fit will not be considered.
● If your application/project idea is a good fit, please send us an email at email@example.com with a short description of your project idea (max 500 words), including your theory of change, a brief explanation of how it aligns with one of our two program areas and our general criteria for funding.
● If your project is eligible to apply for funding, you will be invited to submit a brief Letter of Inquiry (LOI) through the template available in our online Grants Portal, Fluxx. We will do our best to answer you as soon as possible and no later than two weeks after having received your email. Guidelines for LOIs are available in the guideline section (http://krfnd.org/apply-for-funding/guidelines/).
● Based on a review of the LOIs, a limited number of applications will be invited to submit a full proposal for the Foundation’s final consideration. Guidelines for Submitting Full Proposals are available here (http://krfnd.org/apply-for-funding/guidelines/).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh