Funding brief: The prize has recognized open innovation to increase access to water, sanitation, and waste management among disadvantaged communities in developing countries since 2011.
The SUEZ – Institut de France Prize is awarded to two innovative projects that improve access to water, sanitation, and waste management among disadvantaged communities in developing countries. The two winning projects each receive 50,000 Euros:
– The Prize for Access to Essential Services rewards an unregistered and royalty-free innovation developed by a non-profit organization. It aims to link applied research (in the broadest sense of the term) and operational development projects.
– The Social Entrepreneurial Prize rewards and encourages the initiative of a social entrepreneur. It aims to support the development of economic activities by social entrepreneurs in access to water, sanitation and waste-management sectors among disadvantaged communities in developing countries. These employment-generating initiatives should have a social impact, particularly on poor and vulnerable people.
In the spirit of “open innovation” these innovations should be available to development professionals in the water, sanitation or waste sectors in developing countries.
● Applications are selected according to the following criteria. Projects already subsidized by the Fonds SUEZ initiatives cannot win the Award:
● The project contributes to the improvement or development of water services, sanitation or waste management.
● The project concerns at least one developing country.
● The project has already produced conclusive results through one or several significant pilot phases.
● The project is replicable (generalization to different contexts, easy implementation, adapted costs, etc.);
● The project must be free of all rights or at least not subject to restrictive intellectual property rights.
● The applicant organization and the team responsible for the project are recognized for their qualifications and experience.
● The application form complies and is complete in form and content, the answers to the requested information are concise and clear, the presentation is clear etc.
● The application form must explain and describe the use that will be made of the Award funds in order to improve water services, sanitation or waste management in developing countries.
● Selection criteria specific to the Access to Essential Services Award
● The application is presented by a non-profit organization (research institute, training institute, association, etc.).
● It cannot be awarded to one single person.
● The project is supported or developed locally in collaboration with a public organization (local authority, decentralized government service, etc.).
● Selection criteria specific to the Social Entrepreneurship Award
● The candidature is presented by a social entrepreneur
● The project is locally supported or developed in collaboration with local stakeholders
Donor Name: The Fondation SUEZ
Funding name: “SUEZ – Institut de France” Prize 6th Edition
Deadline: 15th, January, 2018
Funding details link: https://www.suez.com/en/News/SUEZ-Institut-de-France-Prize-6th-Edition
Funding limit: The SUEZ initiatives – Institut de France Award includes two categories, for two types of applicant:
● The Access to Essential Services Award, for a sum of €50,000 (fifty thousand euros) is awarded to a non-profit organization as a reward for its innovation in the water, sanitation and waste management sectors in developing countries. The innovations, applicable in the field, can be technical, organizational, financial or social, and may concern tools for spreading information and knowledge.
● The Social Entrepreneurship Award, for a sum of €50,000 (fifty thousand euros), is awarded to a social entrepreneur for an initiative in the field of water access, sanitation or waste management.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: The SUEZ initiatives – Institut de France Award rewards projects and innovations that contribute to the development of water services, sanitation and waste management in developing countries.
● The SUEZ initiatives-Institut de France Award is open to any institution and any social entrepreneur that has developed an innovative and replicable project contributing to the development of water services, sanitation or waste management services in developing countries, preferably applicable to urban and peri-urban areas.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Other important link:
● Form: http://poolo.kermeet.com/Data/kmewexv8/block/F_0a4ff3bf7f8b8612ce801a1334bd2be059b7a4484224c.doc
● Synthesis form: http://poolo.kermeet.com/Data/kmewexv8/block/F_ec2c40dca529e567e1ac6507df699e4659b7a44849724.docx
● Guideline: http://poolo.kermeet.com/Data/kmewexv8/block/F_5c3de90057891680d8e58e45f9c4b96d59b93f9c33dd3.pdf
How to apply: The application is composed of:
● An application form to be completed
● A synthesis form to be completed
● The documents and information requested in Article 5.2 of the Competition Rules
● Files can be submitted:
by e-mail to email@example.com with firstname.lastname@example.org in copy
or by post to: SUEZ initiatives-Institut de France Award, 23 quai de Conti – 75006 Paris, France
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh