Funding brief: The YLA brings together youth from all over the world, united by the goal of creating positive change in their communities. It is a one year program comprised of three components:
● The YLA Retreat
● Project Implementation
● Alumni Mentorship and Support
The YLA launches with the Retreat in late July, held in New York, NY and Burlington, Vermont. It consists of three modules: Modern Leadership, Global Citizenship, and Local Change. During the final phase of the retreat, Young Leaders will create a unique action plan to address an issue in his/her community. Over the following year, Young Leaders implement their plans while being guided remotely through online workshops and a Mentor from the Young Leaders alumni community. Once Young Leaders have successfully completed the YLA they are eligible to apply for the Alumni Ventures Fund which awards grants of up to $5,000 USD with a year of professional mentorship.
Donor Name: Miracle Corners of the World (MCW)
Funding name: 2018 Young Leaders Access Program
Deadline: Submit completed application on or before January, 2nd, 2018
Funding details link: http://mcwglobal.org/2018-young-leaders-access-program/
● $5,000 USD
● In an effort to make the program accessible to all individuals the Young Leaders Access Program MCW will cover all program costs and all flight costs for every accepted participant. This means that MCW will cover all costs during the program (July 24- August 2, 2018 ) including housing, food, travel, and any necessary supplies.
● MCW does requires that all participants pay for any on the ground costs including passport, visa, and in-country ground fees.*
*Not applicable for U.S. based participants.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Young Leaders Must:
● Be between the ages of 18-26 years old
● Be fluent in written and spoken English
● Have access to email or another internet platform that allows consistent communication with the MCW team and mentor for the duration of the year-long program
● Demonstrate commitment to their community
● Identify an issue faced by their community they would like to address
● Commit to attending the weeklong retreat and spending the following year implementing change in their community and staying in contact with their mentor
● Be eligible for appropriate visa and travel documentation
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions except US)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSePqtCEUIwe7g94L-4iOZ0pV6co0AeDFAH9r1mepiql37XVfA/viewform
How to apply:
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSePqtCEUIwe7g94L-4iOZ0pV6co0AeDFAH9r1mepiql37XVfA/viewform).
● The YLA Application is hosted on Google Forms. This means that you must have a gmail account to fill out the application. If you do not already have a Gmail account you can sign up for one for free.
● If you are unable to access gmail from your country please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can provide you with a written copy of the application.
● It is required that the application is filled out in English. All letters of recommendation and your CV should also be completed in English. Any parts of the application that are not in English will not be read and the application will be considered incomplete. If your resume/ CV or letters of recommendation are not upload into the application, it will be considered incomplete.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh