Funding brief: The Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment (CCSI) is pleased to offer two to three grants of $10,000 each for innovative uses of www.OpenLandContracts.org, the world’s first searchable online repository of publicly available commercial agriculture and forestry contracts. The grants are offered to support and advance innovative uses of the repository and of the content available through it.
For this mini-grants program, we seek proposals for projects that make use of OpenLandContracts.org to promote more sustainable investments in agriculture or forestry, support different stakeholders in understanding land-based investments and their implications, or provide new insight into such investments.
For this mini-grants program, they seek proposals for projects that make use of OpenLandContracts.org to promote more sustainable land-based investments, support different stakeholders in understanding investments and their implications, or provide new insight into such investments. Proposals could include, for example, projects to:
● Develop practical tools to assist governments, local communities and land users, investors, or others in negotiating or monitoring land contracts and their implementation
● Improve understanding of the content of land contracts and the implications of particular contract terms
● Raise awareness of the costs and benefits of land-based investment using information included in land contracts
● Host training workshops on land contracts
● Undertake targeted advocacy efforts to improve current levels of land contract disclosure
● Build financial models using specific contracts to highlight potential public interest implications
● Create interesting ways of using data available through OpenLandContracts.org
● OpenLandContracts.org Establish a program to disclose contracts
● OpenLandContracts.org Design linkages between OpenLandContracts.org and other relevant initiatives
Donor Name: The Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment (CCSI)
Funding name: OpenLandContracts.org Mini-Grants Program
Deadline: January, 31st, 2018
Funding limit: Two to three grants of $10,000 each
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● Civil society organizations, government departments and agencies, grassroots community-based organizations, and representatives of communities affected by land-based investment are all invited to apply. Others are also welcome to apply, although CCSI cannot guarantee that applicants not identified with one of stakeholder groups specified above will be deemed eligible for consideration.
Eligible Country: While the program does not have a specific geographic focus, increased consideration will be given to applicants based or working in (or with) low- or middle-income countries strongly affected by large scale land-based investment in the agriculture or forestry sectors.
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important link:
● Guideline: http://ccsi.columbia.edu/files/2017/07/OpenLandContracts_Mini-Grants_Announcement-and-Guidelines.pdf
● Form: http://ccsi.columbia.edu/files/2017/07/OpenLandContracts_Mini-Grants_Application-Form-1.pdf
How to apply:
● Applications must be submitted via email (email@example.com) or sent in hard copy format by regular mail to Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment Jerome Greene Hall 435 West 116th Street New York, NY 10027 United States Attn: Nancy Siporin.
● Applications will be accepted in English or French. (Les demandes seront acceptées en anglais ou en français.)
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh