Funding brief: The Climate CoLab invites proposal seeking the answer of the ‘Question: How can climate risk insurance be linked with other forms of social protection to help vulnerable communities absorb climate impacts?’
● Impacts of climate change on vulnerable communities
● What is social protection?
● How can social protection help communities to cope with climate impacts?
● What is climate risk insurance?
● How can climate risk insurance help communities to cope with climate impacts?
● Why link climate risk insurance and other types of social protection?
Donor Name: MIT Center for Collective Intelligence (The MIT Climate CoLab)
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: Sunday, Sunday, February, 11st, 2018 at 20:00:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
Funding details link: https://www.climatecolab.org/resources/2017/absorbing-climate-impacts
Funding limit: The Judges’ Choice Winner will be selected by the judging panel. The UN Climate Resilience Initiative A2R and InsuResilience will provide the Judges’ Choice Winner with seed funding for implementation of the proposal (worth 40,000 euros) and mentoring, training and technical assistance (worth 12,000 euros) as outlined below.
● Seed funding for implementation of the winning proposal (worth 40,000 euros): The Judges’ Choice Winner will receive seed funding to support the implementation of the winning proposal. The funding will be spent according to a budget submitted by the team, to be agreed on with the contest organisers. Budgets detailing how the seed funding would be spent will be requested from semi-finalists to the contest. The terms and conditions associated with the seed funding will be set out in an agreement with the winning team.
● Mentoring, training and technical assistance (worth 12,000 euros): Mentoring, training and technical assistance will be provided to the Judges’ Choice Winner. Suitable mentors will be identified to support the implementation of the winning proposal, with online and face-to-face mentoring provided on a monthly basis for the duration of three months. In addition, a training and technical assistance plan will be developed with the winning team, with the support of the mentors identified. The form of support will be determined depending on the team’s needs but could include a relevant training course or a field study on a relevant topic. The details will be set out in an agreement with the winning team.
● The Judges’ Choice Winner will also receive wide recognition and visibility by MIT Climate CoLab.
● The Popular Vote Winner will be chosen by popular vote, at the semi-finalist stage of the contest. The Popular Vote Winner will win an expenses-paid trip (including flight, accommodation, and meals to attend the InsuResilience Global Partnership Forum in 2018 during COP24, where the winner will be given the opportunity to present the proposal to a community of practitioners, policymakers and private sector representatives.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
● Climate CoLab is open to anyone in the world, regardless of age*, nationality, gender identity, cultural identity, or political viewpoint.
● Contests, however, are void where prohibited by law. Climate CoLab users bear the responsibility of checking with local laws and regulations, to ensure their participation does not violate any applicable law or ordinance, and to ensure they are eligible to participate.
*If you are under 18 years old, you will need your parent or legal guardian to register on the Climate CoLab website and submit your proposal or your vote for you.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: https://climatecolab.org/contests/2017/absorbing-climate-impacts
● FAQ: http://climatecolab.org/web/guest/faqs
● Guideline: https://www.climatecolab.org/wiki/Contest+rules
● About: https://www.climatecolab.org/page/about
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://climatecolab.org/contests/2017/absorbing-climate-impacts).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh