Funding brief: Cisco is committed to positively impacting 1 billion people by 2025. As part of our work, we seek to inspire and empower a generation of global problem solvers who will not only survive – but drive and thrive – in our increasingly digital economy.
With digitization and the Internet of Things (IoT) connecting more devices and data than ever before, good ideas now have the ability to make a difference more quickly than ever before – and they’re here to help.
The second annual Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge aims to recognize new innovative solutions that leverage technology for social impact from student entrepreneurs around the world. The Challenge is open to students and recent alumni from any college or university.
$300,000 USD in prize money will help accelerate the adoption of breakthrough technology, products, and services that drive economic development and/or solve social or environmental problems.
Donor Name: Cisco
Funding name: Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge 2018
Deadline: Submit your solution by January, 12th, 2018.
● $100,000 USD Grand Prize: A single team will be designated the grand prize winner.
● $75,000 USD First Runner Up: A single team will be designated first runner up.
● $25,000 USD Second Runners Up: Three teams will be designated the Second Runners Up and will receive $25,000 USD each.
● $10,000 USD Third Runners Up: Four teams will be designated the Third Runners Up and will receive $10,000 USD each.
● $10,000 USD People’s Choice: The finalist entry that receives the most votes will receive the People’s Choice Award.
● In addition to a cash infusion to develop your solution, it will be reviewed by Cisco technology experts and high-profile judges. You’ll receive peer and industry validation for your solution, as well as have a great opportunity for global recognition and publicity.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
● This Contest is open and offered only to (1) individuals age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of registration (“Individual Participant”), 2) teams of up to five individuals age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of registration (“Team Participant”), and (3) legal business entities (“Business Entity Participant”) satisfying the following requirements:
Individual Participant. Individuals must be either (a) current students at any post-secondary institution, or (b) recent graduates who completed a post-secondary degree after March 1, 2016.
Team Participant. A minimum of fifty percent (50%) of the individual members comprising a team must be either (a) current students at any post-secondary institution, or (b) recent graduates who completed a post-secondary degree after March 1, 2016.
Business Entity Participant. Business entities must be at least 25 percent (25%) owned by (a) current students at any post-secondary institution, and/or (b) recent graduates who completed a post-secondary degree after March 1, 2016. Business Participants may be required, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to provide proof of business ownership for verification purposes.
● For purposes of this Contest, “post-secondary” refers to an education beyond high school level as defined in the United States, such as education offered by colleges, universities, vocational schools, and any other educational facility that provides an academic degree or certificate.
● PLEASE NOTE: Individual Participants, Team Participants, and/or Business Entity Participants that have previously received monetary awards in the Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge or the Cisco Innovation Challenge prize at the Rice Business Plan Competition are not eligible for this Contest.
● Confirmation of eligibility will be required prior to awarding any prizes.
● This Contest is also not open to: (1) employees or internally contracted vendors of Sponsor or its parent/subsidiaries, agents and affiliates; (2) the immediate family members or members of the same household of any such employee or vendor; (3) anyone professionally involved in the development or administration of this Contest; (4) employees or internally contracted vendors of governments and government-affiliated companies or organizations; or (5) any employee whose employer’s guidelines or regulations do not allow entry in the Contest or acceptance of the prize(s).
Eligible Country: This Contest is not open to Individual Participants who are permanent residents of the province of Quebec, Canada during the Contest period, Team Participants with one or more team members who are permanent residents of the province of Quebec, Canada during the Contest period, or Business Participants located or registered in the province of Quebec, Canada, of which one or more of the owners are permanent residents of the province of Quebec, Canada during the Contest period. Canadian participants may be required, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to provide proof of a permanent address, business location(s) and/or registration (as applicable) outside of Quebec for verification purposes. In addition, residents of Cuba, Iran, Syria, North Korea, Myanmar (formerly Burma) and Sudan are not eligible to participate. This Contest is void in these countries and where otherwise prohibited or restricted by law.
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: https://gps2018.skild.com/skild2/gps2018/loginPage.action?__hstc=26211170.61bbdb6c1c4a4437b8d8764dfbf7d022.1513069980476.1513069980476.1513069980476.1&__hssc=26211170.1.1513069980477&__hsfp=4292446138
● Guideline: https://cisco.innovationchallenge.com/cisco-global-problem-solver-challenge-2018/rules
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://gps2018.skild.com/skild2/gps2018/loginPage.action?__hstc=26211170.61bbdb6c1c4a4437b8d8764dfbf7d022.1513069980476.1513069980476.1513069980476.1&__hssc=26211170.1.1513069980477&__hsfp=4292446138).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh