Funding brief: The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) is the development finance institution established by the Member States of OPEC in 1976 as a channel of aid to the developing countries. OFID works in cooperation with developing country partners and the international donor community to stimulate economic growth and alleviate poverty in all disadvantaged regions of the world. It does this by providing financing to build essential infrastructure, strengthen social services delivery and promote productivity, competitiveness and trade. OFID’s work is people-centered, focusing on projects that meet basic needs – such as food, energy, clean water and sanitation, healthcare and education – with the aim of encouraging self-reliance and inspiring hope for the future.
Donor Name: The OPEC fund for International Development (OFID)
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: There is no set application deadline. Some of the smaller grants in support of research and intellectual pursuits are approved on an ad hoc basis. The larger technical assistance grant proposals are presented at OFID’s Governing Board meetings held four times per year.
Funding details link: http://www.ofid.org/PROJECTS-OPERATIONS/Grants/Grant-Application
Funding limit: Not found
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● Those eligible are international, national, regional and non-governmental organizations that supply proof of their financial and legal status.
● In addition, OFID does not support the purchase of luxury goods or armaments, and any items that are ethically objectionable.
● No country bar found (Open to all regions)
● High priority is always given to initiatives that benefit the low-income, least-developed countries. All OFID assistance is earmarked for purposes that contribute to the recipient country’s socio-economic progress.
● Please be advised that individuals, private entities and OFID Member States* are not eligible to apply for assistance.
*Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, Iraq, Islamic Republic of Iran, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Venezuela
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important link:
● About: http://www.ofid.org/ABOUT-US
● Form: http://www.ofid.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=8N1tQGHJR_I%3d&tabid=334&portalid=0&mid=1382
How to apply: Applicants must complete a grant application form and include their organization’s registration certificate. The application can be submitted either electronically viaEmail: email@example.com or by fax (+43-1-513 92 38).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh