Funding brief: The Earth Journalism Network (EJN) Asia-Pacific Media Grants are available to support the creation, growth, and capacity building of media and other environmental information generating organizations, that are aiming to improve the quantity and quality of news coverage of climate change, natural resources and the environment.
The EJN Asia-Pacific Media Grants are available to support the generation of media reports on climate change, environment and natural resource management issues, disseminate news and information to the most vulnerable communities and policy makers, and boost the voices of marginalized groups (women, youth and indigenous people) who are most at risk of climate change and environmental problems.
Through these grants, Internews intends to strengthen the capacity of organizations to report on and explain the drivers and impacts of environmental and climate change, along with the solutions that build resilience and prevent future crises.
Proposed activities should be designed to contribute towards at least one of the following outcomes:
● Policy makers, people and communities have improved and reliable access to quality socio-environmental news and information;
● Improved organizational capacity to report on socio-environment issues in an accurate and compelling way;
● Improved organizational capacity to produce greater quantity and quality of socio-environmental news and information;
● Reduced exclusion of marginalized groups in socio-environmental information;
● Peer and multi-stakeholder engagement around socio-environmental issues.
Particular attention should be given to the adaptation needs, challenges, efforts and success stories of vulnerable and marginalized communities.
While content production is an important aspect of the proposed activities, applications should include some form of networking, knowledge sharing, and/or capacity-building component. Please note that there will be a separate story grant opportunity available in early 2018. Under specific circumstances, they are open to supporting fellowships and travel grants that support specific story ideas or coverage of key events, but these activities should facilitate the building of networks and/or are part of a training process. Please also note that EJN has a separate fellowship program to support journalists to attend the UN Climate Change Conference 2018.
Donor Name: The Earth Journalism Network (EJN)
Funding name: EJN Asia-Pacific Media Grants
Deadline: January, 14th, 2018 AT 5PM EST
Funding limit: The typical grant will be for up to US$20,000 and support a one-year project. It is expected that 11 of such grants would be provided in 2018. However, they are open to multi-year proposals for a bigger grant amount, but not for longer than two years.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: 1 year
Eligible organization: As below
● Established media organizations, journalism networks, universities and journalism schools are welcome to apply. The organizational grants can also be used to support the establishment of environmental journalism networks in places where they don’t exist. In such cases, applicants should note their affiliations with existing media organizations, if applicable, or provide detailed plans about how this project would facilitate the creation of a new organization.
● NGOs and research institutes will also be considered, but only those with strong media and communication programs who are dedicated to support fair and accurate reporting. As Internews is a media development organization, they will not consider applications rooted in advocacy or political campaigning.
Eligible Country: Activities proposed should support socio-environmental reporting in the Asia and Pacific region – in particular South Asia, Southeast Asia and the Pacific.
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Register: http://earthjournalism.net/@@register
● Apply: http://earthjournalism.net/opportunities/sida-media-grants-2018-application-folder/++add++ejn_asia_pacific_media_grants
● Form (Budget): http://earthjournalism.net/projects/program-section-images/ejn-grants-blank-budget-form
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (http://earthjournalism.net/opportunities/sida-media-grants-2018-application-folder/++add++ejn_asia_pacific_media_grants).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh