Funding brief: The International Radio Playwriting Competition is run by the BBC World Service and the British Council and co-produced by The Open University.
Donor Name: BBC World Service
Funding name: International Radio Playwriting Competition 2018
Deadline: The competition is open from 3 October 2017 to 31st, January, 2018.
● £2,200 sterling,
● a trip to London and
● have your play broadcast across the world on BBC World Service.
Here are three prizes to be won.
● Two first prizes – for the best radio plays by writers with either English as their first language or English as their second language. Both winners’ plays will be broadcast on BBC World Service.
● In addition, there’s the Georgi Markov prize – for the most promising script, this prize gives the winner a chance to come to London for two weeks and work alongside BBC Radio Drama and with BBC World Service journalists.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
● Anyone aged 18 or over and living outside the UK – whether you’re an established writer, completely new or anywhere in between.
● Last year’s winners included a Canadian writer who had never written a play before and a Brazilian writer who’d never written for radio.
● No country bar found (Open to all regions)
● The competition is open to new and established writers, provided they live outside the UK and are 18 or over.
Submission mail: email@example.com
Other important link:
● Apply: https://bbcplaywrite.monterosa.co.uk/
● Form: http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/radioplay/entry/International_Radio_Playwriting_Competition_2018_entry.docx
● Guideline: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/2K19ftQ7bts6lNlnzQZSXjd/international-radio-playwriting-competition-2018-terms-and-conditions
How to apply: In order to enter you need to send:
● A script for a 53 minute radio play with up to 6 central characters – we are unable to return these, so make sure you keep a copy
● A synopsis which outlines your play is no longer than 400 words
● A completed entry form (http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/radioplay/entry/International_Radio_Playwriting_Competition_2018_entry.docx), attached to your play and synopsis.
● Or you can complete and submit your entry online (https://bbcplaywrite.monterosa.co.uk/) by uploading your play and synopsis along with your personal details.
● Complete the entry form and sent it along with your play and synopsis, either:
By post to: International Playwriting Competition 2018, BBC Radio Drama, Room 6015, Broadcasting House, Portland Place, London W1A 1AA, United Kingdom to your local British Council Office
● or by email directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh