Funding brief: An MTV Staying Alive Foundation Grant comes with a small amount of funding, Staying Alive training materials, a small fund to buy technical media equipment, a personal grant manager, as well as training and development.
Since 2005, they’ve been giving out small sums of money to young people they believe in, trust, and are genuinely inspired by. They have one thing in common: they’re fighting to beat HIV in their local communities in the most innovative ways.
Donor Name: Staying Alive Foundation (SAF)
Funding name: MTV Staying Alive Foundation 2018 Grants
Deadline: The deadline for submission is 19th, January, 2018 at 12pm GMT.
Funding details link: http://www.mtvstayingalive.org/grants/
Funding limit: A Staying Alive Foundation grant comes with a financial grant of up to $12,000 per year, Staying Alive materials (including MTV Staying Alive programming and teaching kits), a small fund to buy technical media equipment, a local mentor, a personal grant manager as well as training and development.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Grants will be awarded to small, youth-led organizations that:
● Are entirely led by young people under the age of 27
● Are community-based, grassroots organizations
● Educate and/or give out responsible and accurate information about HIV and AIDS targeted at young people in their communities
● Eliminate or alleviate the stigma and discrimination associated with HIV and AIDS
● Encourage young people to take concrete action to protect themselves from HIV infection
● Demonstrate innovation and creativity in their activities
● Reflect and honor the culture in which the project operates
● Thet are particularly, but not exclusively, looking to fund organizations who work with key at risk populations, including adolescent girls, LGBTs, sex workers, prisoners and injecting drug users.
● All Staying Alive Foundation grant applicants must agree to allow the Staying Alive Foundation and MTV to promote and publicize their projects. They will use compelling grantee stories to inspire other young people.
They will not fund:
● Organizations that work with young people but which are not led entirely by young people
● Scholarships or college fees
● Doctoral or other research
● Projects that discriminate against people because of religion, sex, race, disability or sexual orientation
● Projects that focus only on abstinence as a means of controlling the spread of HIV
● Projects with budgets that primarily reflect a focus on capital expenditure, eg erecting buildings, creating physical infrastructure (schools, orphanages, community centres, etc) or purchasing of major equipment (such as vehicles
● Projects with a primary focus on delivering health care, shelter, food security or other non-education focused development initiatives
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: http://www.mtvstayingalive.org/mtv-staying-alive-foundation-2018-grants-application-form-round-1/
● English First Stage Applications: http://www.mtvstayingalive.org/mtv-staying-alive-foundation-2018-grants-application-form-round-1/
● Spanish First Stage Applications: http://www.mtvstayingalive.org/formulario-de-solicitud-de-subvenciones-de-la-mtv-staying-alive-foundation-2018-primera-etapa/
● French First Stage Applications: http://www.mtvstayingalive.org/formulaire-de-demande-de-subventions-mtv-staying-alive-foundation-2018-1ier-tour/
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (http://www.mtvstayingalive.org/mtv-staying-alive-foundation-2018-grants-application-form-round-1/).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh