Award brief: The 2018 WISE Awards will identify, celebrate, and promote six innovative projects for their positive contribution to education and society. The Awards highlight initiatives found to be most creative and effective in finding solutions to education challenges at any level and in all environments. In bringing forward these models, WISE is helping build a network of recognized change-makers to inspire transformation and innovation in education.
Representatives of projects are invited to submit applications to demonstrate the nature and reach of their activities. Nominations of projects are also invited. Past winning projects have addressed a wide range of concerns and pursuits, including access to quality education, life-long learning opportunities, and education in emergency contexts.
To date, the WISE Awards have recognized 54 projects for their innovative, transformative impact. Explore the growing network of WISE Awards winning projects and learn more about these outstanding initiatives.
Enter your project in the competition for the chance to be recognized as a leader in education.
Criteria: The WISE Awards recognizes innovative educational projects that have already demonstrated a transformative impact on individuals, communities and society.The ideal project would be an ongoing, innovative and impactful education initiative that:
● Has an excellent record of proven success
● Is financially sustainable
● Has a clear plan for the project’s future objectives and development
● Is scalable
● Is replicable in other contexts and regions of the world
● Has a clear understanding and knowledge of:
its innovative nature;
its distinctiveness within its sphere of action, and;
the type and depth of its impact on its beneficiaries.
Donor Name: Qatar Foundation
Award name: World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE) AWARDS 2018
Deadline: The deadline for submission of applications is January, 30th, 2018, at 13.00 GMT.
Award details link: http://www.wise-qatar.org/wise-awards-2018
Award limit: Each WISE Awards winning project will receive $20,000 (US), and will benefit from increased public interest through media exposure and other channels. The WISE Awards is not a grant scheme aimed at supporting projects, nor is it intended to be a source of funding for new and untried ideas. Any such applications or nominations will not be considered.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
● The 2018 WISE Awards submission procedure accepts both applications and nominations. Ongoing/existing education projects run by any type of organization such as colleges, universities, academic networks, schools consortia, civil society and community organizations, governments, international agencies and private-sector companies working in the field of education are invited to apply or nominate.
● Projects can also belong to any education sector such as Pre-primary, primary, secondary, tertiary, vocational training, further and higher education, special needs education, education for people with disabilities, informal learning, distance-based, non-formal and lifelong learning.
● Finally, projects from any part of the world can apply or be nominated to the WISE Awards.
● Applications should only be for original works and projects, and should be submitted by a representative working within the project. All applicants should therefore guarantee that their organization, or they themselves, originated the project, and should not hold QATAR FOUNDATION liable for any action or claim from a third party with respect to the project submitted.
● Nominations can be submitted by persons external to the organization running the project. Nominators will be requested to identify themselves in the submission form, although this information will be kept confidential by QATAR FOUNDATION. Nominators may or may not request information from the project in order to best fill the nomination form. However, QATAR FOUNDATION will only contact nominated projects if they are selected as Finalists following the Pre-Jury evaluation.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: https://programs.wise.org.qa
● About: http://www.wise-qatar.org/who-we-are
● Brochure: http://www.wise-qatar.org/sites/default/files/brochure_2018_wise_awards.pdf
● Guideline: http://www.wise-qatar.org/sites/default/files/asset/document/awards.application.guidelines.2018.mc_.20102017.pdf
How to apply:
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://programs.wise.org.qa).
● The language for applications to the 2018 WISE Awards is English. Whilst the quality of written English is not a criterion for assessing applications, it is strongly recommended that applicants pay particular attention to ensuring that their applications can be properly understood in English.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh