Funding brief: The Varkey Foundation believes in the power of new ideas to shape the future of education. But they know that taking a great idea off the drawing board and into the real world doesn’t just take hard work – it takes support. That’s why they created our Challenge Fund.
They believe every child deserves a good teacher. But they also know that the international community isn’t doing enough to make that happen. Global investment in education is falling and many schools around the world lack leaders and qualified teaching staff. Research by The Varkey Foundation has also found that the global status of teachers is very mixed – and few parents would actively encourage their children to join the teaching profession.
To help solve this problem, The Varkey Foundation will partner with other organizations to create a global change in the way teachers are trained, treated and perceived. Through our Challenge Fund, they will support partner organizations who are working on big new ideas for education – and to boost the status of teachers worldwide.
Criteria: On the basis of our portfolio and areas of interest, The Varkey Foundation is particularly interested in receiving proposals which address the following:
● The recruitment and retention of teachers
● Influencing public policy and discourse about the teaching profession
● School leadership and management
● Support to teachers and school leaders in Fragile and Conflict States (FCAS) and emergency situations
● Teacher-related challenges
Donor Name: Varkey Foundation
Funding name: Challenge Fund Grants 2018
Deadline: January, 10th, 2018, at 23.00 GMT
Funding details link: https://www.varkeyfoundation.org/grants
Funding limit: The Varkey Foundation Challenge Fund is aimed at supporting a small number of early-stage initiatives, with individual grants of up to US$50,000 available to help build the capacity of teachers and to strengthen the status of the teaching profession.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: To be eligible, an Applicant must:
● Be a registered NGO / Charity & non-profit organization;
● Be at least eighteen (18) years old at time of entry;
● Teach or provide educational support to students between the ages of 5 and 18;
● Not be prohibited from participating in the Application or receiving the
● Grant under applicable law;
● Not have a criminal record; and
● Not have conducted themselves (by act or omission) in such a way as to
● Bring the teaching profession or VF, its affiliates, or their respective directors, Officers, employees, agents, and subsidiaries (“VF Parties”) into disrepute (as
● May be determined at the sole discretion of VF).
● Previous applicants and winners are eligible to apply.
● Lead applicants must be registered as charitable, not-for-profit entities.
Please note that the VF will not fund:
● Applicants who do not demonstrate clearly how the proposed innovation will contribute to raising the status and capacity of the teaching profession.
● Applicants seeking funding to cover costs as part of an existing programme. While the VF will consider funding to introduce innovations in existing programmes if there is a clear rationale (for instance, responding to contextual changes or an identified programme gap), the Challenge Fund is not designed fill funding gaps or provide “top up” financing.
● Applicants who do not adequately define the proposed project’s geography, duration, and phasing. This does not have to be in the form of a detailed Workplan, however.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important link:
● Guideline: https://www.varkeyfoundation.org/sites/default/files/VF%20Challenge%20Fund%202018%20T%26Cs.pdf
● Form: https://www.varkeyfoundation.org/sites/default/files/Varkey%20Foundation%20Challenge%20Fund%202018%20Application..docx
How to apply: Please send applications and questions to: email@example.com.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh