Award brief: The ZEISS Photography Award is now in its third year – and is calling on ambitious photographers from across the globe to present their work around the theme “Seeing Beyond – Untold Stories” to the international jury of experts. The focus of the photo series should be on stories that have not yet been told (or have not yet been told to the end). The theme “Untold Stories” can and should be understood in the broadest sense – the works can examine the familiar from a new perspective or cover topics that have not received much attention up until now. The goal is for photographers to push the creative boundaries and surpass themselves photographically.
The ZEISS Photography Award is jointly organized by ZEISS and the World Photography Organisation. Last year, around 4,700 photographers from 132 countries submitted more than 31,000 photos.
Photographers are asked to submit a series of 5 – 10 images, including a description of the images, online.
The 2018 brief:”Seeing Beyond – Untold Stories” requires photographers to present a strong series of 5-10 images that look beyond the ordinary and every day. “Untold Stories” is intended to be understood in its broadest sense – the work could explore a familiar theme told from a different perspective or it could address an issue that has previously had little attention. All forms of photography are welcome and judges are specifically looking for series of works that have a strong narrative. The “Untold Story” that the photographer presents must be visually clear in the submitted images.
Donor Name: The World Photography Organisation
Award name: ZEISS Photography Award 2018 “Seeing Beyond – Untold Stories”
Deadline: Entries close at 12.59:59n am (GMT) on Tuesday 6th, February, 2018.
Award details link: https://www.worldphoto.org/2018/zeiss
Award limit: The winners will receive attractive prizes, including ZEISS lenses of their choice with a total value of 12,000 euros as well as 3,000 euros to cover travel costs for a photo project.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
● The ZEISS Photography Award is open to all Photographers entering a body of work between 5 to 10 images.
● All entrants must be over 18.
● Un-published work entered into the competition must have been taken between the dates of January 1st 2014 and February 6th 2018. Once unpublished work has been entered, it cannot be entered again as published work in the future year of the awards competition.
● Published work may have been taken at any point in history, but must have been commissioned or acquired or first published between the dates of January 1st 2014 and February 6th 2018. Eligible publications include magazines, newspapers, on-line and print editorial, self-publishing websites, including personal sites as well as commissioned gallery exhibitions. Images included in past photographic competitions, advertisements, marketing material, blogs, social media and all other visible platforms prior to January 1st 2017 will be considered published and not permissible within this competition.
● Images should be no smaller than 1MB and no larger than 5MB. Images should be JPEG files
● All images must be saved in the RGB colour model and EXIF data must be left in the image file.
● All entrants must be able to supply a high resolution image suitable for printing in exhibitions should the image be required.
● Each Entry does not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libellous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content
● Each Entry does not contain any material that could constitute or encourage conduct, which would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law
● Each Entry does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity, and Your Entry does not include:
trademarks owned by third parties
copyrighted materials owned by third parties (including movie dialogue or musical compositions)
names, likenesses, voices or other characteristics identifying celebrities or other public figures, living or dead
● Entries which contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service other than that of the World Photography Organization.
● Entries containing screen credits
● No animals were harmed or manipulated in the making of the image
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: http://users.worldphoto.org/competition/15/categories
● Upload Photos: https://users.worldphoto.org/user
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (http://users.worldphoto.org/competition/15/categories).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh