Funding brief: Strengthening grants support time-limited, projects (usually 6-24 months) that seek to engage and contribute to bringing about change in one or more of the SRHR priority themes of AmplifyChange. They ask grantees to see our Theory of Change and think about which outcome they will contribute to through their proposed project.
Up to 40% of a Strengthening Grant can also be used to support the costs of organizational development and boosting organizational effectiveness of an organization dedicated to strengthening SRHR.
They receive strong competition for strengthening grants. Therefore, they encourage applicants to provide realistic budgets to match their proposed approach, and not just apply for the maximum amount available.
This Strengthening grant call focuses on supporting advocacy campaigns and organizational development within civil society organizations seeking to bring about positive change in one of the AmplifyChange priority themes or a justifiable intersection or combination of themes.
In this call for Strengthening grant proposals, they will consider proposals working to strengthening one or more of the outcome areas that AmplifyChange supports. These are:
● Increasing individual awareness of SRHR as human rights
● Improving access to SRHR resources, information and services
● Transforming social norms
● Changing policies and laws
● Building stronger, more inclusive movements for SRHR
For more information please consult the AmplifyChange Theory of Change.
Please note that whilst they will consider activities that support all 5 outcome areas, if more applications are recommended for funding by our Independent Technical Review Panel than we can fund, we will moderate in favor of projects that fulfill our fund benchmarks and results framework. More details are provided below.
Priorities: They support advocacy and activist groups working on these five priority areas:
● Addressing gender-based violence, including sexual violence and female genital mutilation (FGM)
● Addressing the causes of unsafe abortion including decriminalization of abortion Challenging stigma and discrimination
● Challenging stigma and discrimination, attitudes and laws that undermine human rights, including on grounds of gender or sexual orientation of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) individuals Sexual health of young people
● Improving sexual health of young people and girls, including comprehensive sexuality education (CSE) and addressing child and early forced marriage (CEFM)
● Increasing access to comprehensive reproductive health services for poor, vulnerable and marginalized people
Donor Name: AmplifyChange
Funding name: Strengthening grant
Deadline: A new round of strengthening grants will open for applications on 12th, December, 2017. The closing date for applications will be 31st, January. 2018, at 5pm UK time.
Funding limit: Strengthening grants range from EUR40,000 – EUR100,000. They will not consider grants below EUR40,000 or exceeding EUR100,000 in budget.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Usually 6-24 months
Eligible organization: As below
● Strengthening grants are intended to do what their name suggests – to support, strengthen quality and scale-up the work of small to medium civil society organizations, partnerships and coalitions who are operating at a local, community, district or national level.
● Strengthening grants are also intended to support organizational development and boost effectiveness of groups; they understand that this enables groups to better implement projects that are aiming to secure specific change.
The general eligibility criteria for Strengthening grantees are:
● The applicant organization must be registered in one of the AmplifyChange eligible countries.
● The project must be implemented in one of the AmplifyChange eligible countries.
● The applicant organization must have a bank account.
● The project must respond to one or more of the Amplify Change priorities (https://amplifychange.org/about-us/5-themes/).
● The project must respond to one or more of the AmplifyChange outcome areas (https://amplifychange.org/tools-guides/user-guides/1-theory-of-change/).
● The organization must be a Southern-based organization (see definition below).
AmplifyChange will consider concept notes from civil society organizations based in Sub-Saharan Africa or South Asia. They recognize the broad scope of civil society and the wide range of organizations, actors and coalitions it encompasses. Therefore, they are happy to receive concept notes from community groups, non-governmental organizations, indigenous groups, charitable organizations, faith-based organizations, research institutes, social enterprise groups, public-private partnerships, communications and media groups and professional associations.
In this call, they are seeking to support southern-based organizations
Eligible Country: AmplifyChange will consider concept notes from civil society organizations based in Sub-Saharan Africa or South Asia.
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: https://amplifychange.org/grants/dashboard/
● What they are looking for: https://amplifychange.org/grant-model/strengthening/what-are-we-looking-for/
● Eligibility: https://amplifychange.org/grant-model/strengthening/rules-and-eligibility/
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://amplifychange.org/grants/dashboard/).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh