Funding brief: Collaborative Awards promote the development of new ideas and bring disciplines together to speed the pace of discovery. This scheme funds teams who are tackling major health-related questions in the humanities and social sciences that require a collaborative approach.
They’re looking for teams with a track record of working together to tackle research questions that can only be approached collaboratively. Teams can come from the same discipline or from a combination of disciplines. They can be from the same university department or a number of organizations (anywhere in the world).
They encourage applications that combine humanities and social science research with biomedical science research and/or product development and applied research. Please contact them if you’re not sure which area to apply to. Important factors when they evaluate your application are:
● the environment in which you do your research
● the support your host organization provides
● the time you’ll spend on the Collaborative Award, and how it fits in with your other academic commitments.
Donor Name: Wellcome Trust
Funding name: Collaborative Awards in Humanities and Social Science
● Preliminary applications deadline: 4th, July, 2017, 17:00 BST
● Full applications deadline: 19th, September, 2017, 17:00 BST
Funding details link: https://wellcome.ac.uk/funding/collaborative-awards-humanities-and-social-science
Funding limit: A Collaborative Award is normally in the range of £1 million to £1.5 million, for up to five years. You should ask for a level and duration of funding that’s justifiable for your career stage, research experience and the proposed research programme. Support includes:
● research expenses, including research assistance or PhDs
● research/teaching replacement
● conference and meeting costs
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Up to 5 years
Eligible organization: As below
● You can apply for a Collaborative Award if you have a team of two to six principal applicants. Each applicant should have a good track record in their area of research, relative to their career stage.
Eligible Country: UK, Republic of Ireland, Low- and middle-income countries
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: https://wtgrants.wellcome.ac.uk/
Preliminary Application: https://wellcome.ac.uk/sites/default/files/sample-prelim-application-form-Collaborative-Award-Humanities-and-Social-Sciences-2017-07.pdf
Full Application: https://wellcome.ac.uk/sites/default/files/sample-full-app-form-collaborative-award-hss-2017-July.pdf
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://wtgrants.wellcome.ac.uk/).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh